Do you pay to have your grass cut?

Road Runner

Since my injury, I have had to pay $200 a month and they still don't cut it like I would.

What do you bastards do?  Do you push a mower like a real man (or woman) or do you just sit your fat ass on a riding mower and cut your grass while drinking mass quantities of beer?

My neighbors all have yards of less than 10,000 sq ft and yet they mostly pay to have their grass cut or they ride around on those stupid lawn tractors.  We suck.

Fausto Coppi in 1949

you yard mowing bastards screwed up my Tour trivia threads, so this is quid pro quo :P 

You can't even spell quid pro quo and you certainly can't use it in the proper context.  Go away and start you own thread.  It's rude to hijack other's threads.

• Heart 1

I would buy a goat to mow my lawn before I payed someone else to do it!

Yesterday driving down the highway I saw a very large dog stuffed in the back of a station wagon.  I felt bad for it.  I got a little closer only to realize it was two very large goats. The car was from Maine, which explains a lot.

• Heart 1

Yesterday driving down the highway I saw a very large dog stuffed in the back of a station wagon.  I felt bad for it.  I got a little closer only to realize it was two very large goats. The car was from Maine, which explains a lot.

Stopped at a Waffle House....I think I was in Tennessee at the time. A Buick in the lot had a goat in the back seat. Conscientious owner left the window cracked open for him.

mr. cuts the grass usually.  He created a beautiful high desert, low water landscape in our yard and really takes care of it.

I never understood why folks in a desert would try for the grass lawn thing. What a waste of energy and water. Hell...the desert has a beauty all its own. Why mess with it?

I never understood why folks in a desert would try for the grass lawn thing. What a waste of energy and water. Hell...the desert has a beauty all its own. Why mess with it?

Ya, dirt and rock.  What's more peaceful and calming than that?   :)

Ya, dirt and rock.  What's more peaceful and calming than that?   :)

You never heard of a Zen Garden, you uptight bastard? :D

Hey, that is a good ideer.  I need a small Zen Garden out back, :)  I'll bet SuzieQ would approve.

Oh yes, on the OP, yes.  I am a lazy bastard, but mainly every time I try to discontinue the lawn service Mrs. Ralph objects.  It is quite the conflict because I an also a cheap and poor bastard. :(

I mow my own grass. About a third of the mowing I use the old push mower. (Inside the doggie corral and trimming around the beds). The rest I use the rider. The rider saves me about 45 minutes each mowing.

Recently my wife suggested I start cutting the lady's grass that lives behind us. Her husband died a few years ago and she mows it herself with a push mower. "You know, since you're sitting on your butt on the riding mower anyway."  :rolleyes:  While I feel for her, she is home most of the day, only needs to work part time, and has kids that are old enough to mow. And like I told my wife, "Besides, I really don't need another wife". 

Not even a cute blond one that does all her yard work in shorts and a tank top. ;)

• Heart 1