Where do you live again?

Randomguy

I live in SE Wisconsin.

I'm in the UP of MI: the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  I'm in Gladstone. Pretty much at the top of Lake Michigan.

We used to start all of our UP Microbrewery Snowmobile tours in Gladstone. Our first and last stop was always "Hereford and Hops" in Escanaba. Ahh, good times.  :nod head:

http://www.herefordandhops.com/

• Heart 1

Actually I live in Ewing, a suburb to the NW of Trenton.  Don't tell anyone.

Grew up riding country roads in a rural area east of Albany, NY.  I miss those hills.  We lived about 5 miles from what probably would have been a cat-4 climb (maybe 3).

Actually I live in Ewing, a suburb to the NW of Trenton.  Don't tell anyone.

Grew up riding country roads in a rural area east of Albany, NY.  I miss those hills.  We lived about 5 miles from what probably would have been a cat-4 climb (maybe 3).

How Far East of Albany? I used to live in Arlington, vt.

• Heart 1

How Far East of Albany? I used to live in Arlington, vt.

We lived in a town called Poestenkill, in central Rensselaer County.

Arlington (and especially East Arlington) was part of a loop my family used to drive all the time - Williamstown, Bennington, Arlington, Manchester, Weston...  I do love Vermont.

I used to work at RPI and would ride around Rensselaer County during lunch.  I think there was about a 1/4 mile on 355 in Poestenkill that was flat.  The rest of the county was either uphill or downhill - mostly uphill.

Poestenkill is a nice place:

Barberville Falls!  lovely.  We lived on Plank Road east of there, a mile from the Berlin town line.  I used to always wish for long flat roads to ride on, but now I miss those hills.  A few times we rode to Troy or Wynanstkill - for a kid in high school, that ride home was a monster, 7 miles and +950' from the center of Poestenkill.

The "categorized climb" I referred to was Plank Road coming west up the mountain from Berlin.  There's a stretch of about a mile that's about 10% avg.

I live in SE Wisconsin.

We used to start all of our UP Microbrewery Snowmobile tours in Gladstone. Our first and last stop was always "Hereford and Hops" in Escanaba. Ahh, good times.  :nod head:

http://www.herefordandhops.com/

We used to do a lot of sleddin'. Then we got old and couldn't take the 100 mile rides we did. Sold my sled last year, but HoS still has his. 

Yup, love going to H&H... for the beer. They've got a great chicken club pizza too. Hmm, may have to head over there this week!

• Heart 1

We used to do a lot of sleddin'. Then we got old and couldn't take the 100 mile rides we did. Sold my sled last year, but HoS still has his. 

Yup, love going to H&H... for the beer. They've got a great chicken club pizza too. Hmm, may have to head over there this week!

I need to get back that way again. Haven't been in years. Maybe we could start an annual SW UP Micro Brew Tour. I'm in! :nod head:  

Like I said, H&H was where we had our beginning and end brew tour parties. Great place, they would even stay open for us past closing. We used to call days ahead so we would get the same waitress every time. Sometimes she would come in on her day off just to take care of us. She would even call the motel to see if the cabs got us all back to the motel safely. We always made sure to tip her well for putting up with our sorry azzes. :whistle: