Greeting work colleague return..from Wuhan, after quarantine in Canada

shootingstar

So some others had some balloons and a happy banner, around her desk today.  They wanted to welcome her.  We all wanted her to return. She's catching up on her emails, work.

She is back and was on the lst Canadian airlift to an army training base in Ontario for 2 wks.  Before she flew back to our prairie city.

All the Canadians from Hubei province on that flight were not sick.

Just to give a profile:  She immigrated from CAnada 25 yrs. Her hubby works in IT in our city. He had been all along staying in Canada (since she visits her folks anyway) working. Her daughter is at university in Toronto. Work colleague is in contact with her aging parents in Wuhan, daily.

4 minutes ago, Dottles said:

With open arms and a kiss, right!?

No one moved their desk/computer away from her.

Her sister who is a middle manager (in law enforcement area) for the municipality of Wuhan, has been working nearly daily during the crisis.  It's all hands on deck for the municipal employees since they must do stuff to reach out to neighbourhoods to monitor, refer people to right assistance.  She said that for such a huge population, some people desperately turned to social media:  ie.  My father is turning white /pale, what should I do?  

Later this week, I will talking to some sibs in Toronto:  I have 4 different siblings...who actually work in different hospitals in different jobs.

So for me....it is abit personal because we must think of our front line health care workers.

So all the excitement about my work colleague..who seemed relieved.  Well I guess.  We'll see...

Oh yea, we have plane tickets for Europe...I seriously wonder...  Dearie has ticket to fly out mid-May to France. ….

Just now, shootingstar said:

That's probably fine. Seriously.

I hate it when I see people on transit who are doing it....and they don't look as if they have relatives in Asia (to visit).  But it's different these days..who one associates with..

Will you continue to sit next to a person on transit if they start a coughing or sneezing fit? 

I'm gonna start paying attention to see if folks become more jumpy on Metro around sick folks.

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Will you continue to sit next to a person on transit if they start a coughing or sneezing fit? 

I'm gonna start paying attention to see if folks become more jumpy on Metro around sick folks.

Some people are just normally incredibly sloppy. They don't blow into a Kleenex, they sneeze and swallow in their phlegm consistently (which is wrong...that just aggravates the throat). The latter is habit of one of the supervisors..and it's a she.  No wonder why she keeps having colds.  She should spit into a Kleenex and throw Kleenex away. That's what I do.

I only take lrt for a short piece, then walk.  When weather gets better, I bike. Right now is chance of black ice.