There is no joy in maxxville.

maddmaxx

The high school team struck out.

Fortunately the conference champions aren't in our division at the state level.  They are a much tougher school.

I know that will blow some minds but our conference has teams from different size divisions in one group.  Womaxx's school beat one last week and lost to the other this week.  There is however only one senior on the team.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The high school team struck out.

Fortunately the conference champions aren't in our division at the state level.  They are a much tougher school.

I know that will blow some minds but our conference has teams from different size divisions in one group.  Womaxx's school beat one last week and lost to the other this week.  There is however only one senior on the team.

The first high school team I coached was a small "A" school, by far the smallest in our county where A, AA, AAA, AAAA schools all compete against each other.  When I coached track, our goal was to dominate in certain events like the high jump and relays: we knew we couldn't win for total score.

The next team I coached was an AAAA school, the largest high school in the state.  I had the state's 3rd ranked fast-pitch softball team and 11th ranked cross country team.  It was a lot more fun to coach when you had 118 skilled girls trying out for 16 varsity and 16 JV softball spots: a lot of the girls you cut could have started for some other winning-program schools.