Asked my boss if I could work from home.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I don't like working from home, but we've been mandated to bring our laptops home every day in case a quarantine is imposed with little warning.

• Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath

Not everybody dies.  Feel like crap maybe, but you're most likely not going to die. So feel free to travel about the cabin.

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I don't like working from home, but we've been mandated to bring our laptops home every day in case a quarantine is imposed with little warning.

My sister, a cancer-research nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital, gets to work from home every Wednesday which allows her to get daytime business done if she needs it.

My sister-in-law, a CPA for a real-estate firm, can work from home every day she wants except Wednesday and certain meeting and training days. She's almost always able to leave work early enough to pick her son up from school at 3 pm - I do it when she can't and I only have to do it about once a month. As head of her son's Catholic elementary school PTA, that also gives her time to work with school officials while they are at work.