meh, not much snow

bikeman564™

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Woke up to what looks like an inch or less. Might snow later today more, but who knows.

There's one group of people in the Baltimore that are hoping we go the next few days with no snow so it will be the first year in Baltimore history without a single flake of February snow.

Then there's the other group that doesn't want to break the streak!

• Heart 1

We had about 3/4 of an inch of snow.  They CLOSED the schools!  WoKzoo was happy to sleep in but I bet there will be some angry parents that he next board meeting.  This is the 3rd day this month in a year of no snow.  Last year they were extending the school year by this time because of extra days taken.  The total accumulated snowfall for the 3 days our district has closed schools is less than 6 inches - that's total!

Superintendent wakes up at 3 am - sees snow flakes - looks at the number of days available (6 annually) and decides to call off school.

14 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I snowed more, the drive home was slippery. Got aboot 6 inches.

I left Grand Rapids from work where there was just a dusting of snow yesterday.  When I got to Kalamazoo I found the inch of snow had turned into 5 inches.  Not a big deal and about what they had been saying.  They got it right this time.  It was real light and not worthy of the snowblower.  Easy peasy clearing the drive and walks with the shovel.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It was real light and not worthy of the snowblower.  Easy peasy clearing the drive and walks with the shovel.

True story:  I haven't gotten our snow shovels out of storage this year. Nor have I worn my "snow" boots let alone my "big snow" boots!  Any dusting of snow we have gotten has been dealt with using the broom(!) or just ignored and allowed to melt.

I've always wanted a snowblower (and a generator) but living in VA, I just can't justify getting one :(  It sucks.  Oh, I want but can't justify a chainsaw as well :angry: