Beware, the RAV4 Posse is here!

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

There are only two members.  Your beloved Dottie and Mudkipz are the only members so far.  If you own a RAV4, you are more than welcome to join.

No, Chevy, BMW, Subaru or Chrysler owners allowed!

Beware, Dottie is actually the crazy member of this spectacular team of testosterone filled man babehs.

Mudkipz 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Mine is a 2013, the first year of the major style change.  We love it and if I smashed it up I would not even look at other vehicles and just another one, we are so happy with it

Yea, mine is a 2019 which is the first year of the newest model.  I don't know yet which year Dotties is going to be.

I miss my quick car but Tude really likes the RAV4 as she can actually get into this one.  I just wish this one had a manual transmission; even if it would give us worse gas millage.

Mudkipz

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I will let mom know she is in your car club.  Will she need to get a tattoo or learn a hand shake?  All ya'll gonna have cool things like crowns on your dashes or anything?

Tell her she just needs to share three embarrassing "jsharr" stories (with pics)

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1

10 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

No, Chevy, BMW, Subaru or Chrysler owners allowed!

Great! That leaves out my Mini Countryman SUV, and if I had to replace it today, the top contender would be a 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, so I guess they are allowed.

Considered the RAV4 but failed to make the short list like the Ford and a couple of others. The Mini failed for the same reason. From the Toyota RAV4 manual (gas/hybrid and EV) "Your vehicle is not designed to be dinghy towed (with 4 wheels on the ground) behind a motor home. " ELIMINATED!

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Great! That leaves out my Mini Countryman SUV, and if I had to replace it today, the top contender would be a 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, so I guess they are allowed.

Considered the RAV4 but failed to make the short list like the Ford and a couple of others. The Mini failed for the same reason. From the Toyota RAV4 manual (gas/hybrid and EV) "Your vehicle is not designed to be dinghy towed (with 4 wheels on the ground) behind a motor home. " ELIMINATED!

Larger motor home with garage in back required.

50 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Larger motor home with garage in back required.

I don't want no Class A bus!. First choice is the Mercedes Sprinter based Class C (Winnebago View, Entegra Quest, etc) but the have towing limitation of  5000lbs (and lower OCCC load capacity) so focusing on cars in the 3000-4000lb range. A Ford/Chevy gas Class C are well proven with greater towing and OCCC, 8mpg doesn't impress me vs the 16mpg in the diesel Mercedes, plus that bulletproof Ford 6.3 V10 cowling intrudes in the passenger footwell, making tight (and hot) legroom. It will be replaced with the 7.3 V8 next year, well proven in trucks F chassis but no word if just plopped in or re-designing cowling on the E chassis. Chevy is OK but underpowered vs Ford, used on the 22-27 ft range looking at, but towing back to 5000 lbs. 

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Yeah. The only reason I need to tow would be for pallets of pellets but they deliver those.... and I can bug my friend. It may be better to know friends that can tow than pay up for a vehicle that can tow? 

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

"Your vehicle is not designed to be dinghy towed (with 4 wheels on the ground) behind a motor home. "

According to the Motorhome guys, there is a severe drought in towables these days!  Toyota was REALLY sparse in 2019, so we'll see what changes in 2020.

IMG_8415.thumb.jpg.2dfaa4cf2519cb314dea00fbca9c1583.jpg

IMG_8416.thumb.jpg.c9ac5f1111af00b47111b03d274eb308.jpg

Just now, Dottles said:

I am not a car guy.  I am not material guy.  I'm gonna have a car loan -- evil, evil things -- and yet I find I'm like a little kid... giddy with excitement.  Saturday can't come soon enough.

The finance manager over at the Toyota shop, Don Clayton, is wringing his hands in delight and awaiting your arrival.  You are gonna end up with VIN etched, undercoated floor mats with extended warranties on them.  

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The finance manager over at the Toyota shop, Don Clayton, is wringing his hands in delight and awaiting your arrival.  You are gonna end up with VIN etched, undercoated floor mats with extended warranties on them.  

I'm buying floor mats after we leave that hell hole.  No extended warranties but may be extending ToyotaCare for basic maintanence/service on oil changes, etc.  They're a better deal if you can get 'em packaged early.  Everything else -- they can suffer.

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'm buying floor mats after we leave that hell hole.  No extended warranties but may be extending ToyotaCare for basic maintanence/service on oil changes, etc.  They're a better deal if you can get 'em packaged early.  Everything else -- they can suffer.

I bet you end up with ToyotaCare Blinkerfluid, ceramic coated muffler bearings, locking lug nuts, fabric protection, a roof rack, some sort of miracle polymer paint protection and friction reducing oil additives before you even get seated in Don's office.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I bet you end up with ToyotaCare Blinkerfluid, ceramic coated muffler bearings, locking lug nuts, fabric protection, a roof rack, some sort of miracle polymer paint protection and friction reducing oil additives before you even get seated in Don's office.

This clown's gonna hit a wall.  The last time I was in a dealership -- I felt bad for the guy.