Beware, the RAV4 Posse is here!

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

This clown's gonna hit a wall.  The last time I was in a dealership -- I felt bad for the guy.

When I bought the truck I told the finance guy I wanted that truck (pointed at it on the floor) at the price I agreed upon with my salesperson and that if he tried to change anything or sell me anything, after repeated attempts and end arounds on his part, he would need to call the sales manager and my salesman, and explain to them why I walked out and bought a truck somewhere else.

He was not happy with me, but I got my truck very soon after that.

Just now, jsharr said:

When I bought the truck I told the finance guy I wanted that truck (pointed at it on the floor) at the price I agreed upon with my salesperson and that if he tried to change anything or sell me anything, after repeated attempts and end arounds on his part, he would need to call the sales manager and my salesman, and explain to them why I walked out and bought a truck somewhere else.

He was not happy with me, but I got my truck very soon after that.

That said, enjoy your carbon fiber body side molding and window deflectors.

I looked up mid-sized SUV ratings after renting a great 2019 Subara Forester last April.  I was surprised to see the Rav 4 at or near the top of every ratings list because my only real experience with it was around 1990 when an aunt and uncle bought one and I wasn't impressed.

If I decide to get a mid-sized SUV when I replace my 2013 Honda Fit in the late 2020's, I'll be sure to look at it so I can't join your group for at least several years!

I'll be in my late 70's then and will want a car with computerized parking assist and other safety stuff like the Forester is top-rated for having now (gone over white line warning, your head fell over as if asleep warning, etc.) and the Rav 4 will surely be one I research.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I looked up mid-sized SUV ratings after renting a great 2019 Subara Forester last April.  I was surprised to see the Rav 4 at or near the top of every ratings list because my only real experience with it was around 1990 when an aunt and uncle bought one and I wasn't impressed.

If I decide to get a mid-sized SUV when I replace my 2013 Honda Fit in the late 2020's, I'll be sure to look at it so I can't join your group for at least several years!

I'll be in my late 70's then and will want a car with computerized parking assist and other safety stuff like the Forester is top-rated for having now (gone over white line warning, your head fell over as if asleep warning, etc.) and the Rav 4 will surely be one I research.

I owned a new Forrester back in 2000s and it was the car.  But Suburu isn't what it used to be.  Be careful in which car you buy.  Some of the trannies are not so good.

20 minutes ago, Dottles said:

This clown's gonna hit a wall.  The last time I was in a dealership -- I felt bad for the guy.

This CUV we bought a few weeks ago was at a different dealer/sales guy then the one that we've been buying from for over fifteen years. They just had the exact car, trim, color and options that I was looking for. I had to remind this place over and over NOT to try to sell me extras. But sure enough when we sat down to sign, the price was $3000 more then expected.

"We just thought,,,,,, since you plan to keep this car until after you retire,,,,,, you'd want the extended warranty and the magic paint/fabric protectant."

You thought wrong.

I sincerely think most don't read their paper work before they sign.  

Oh and I ordered Husky Floor Liners this time instead of the OEM rubber mats to give them a try.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, team scooter said:

This CUV we bought a few weeks ago was at a different dealer/sales guy then the one that we've been buying from for over fifteen years. They just had the exact car, trim, color and options that I was looking for. I had to remind this place over and over NOT to try to sell me extras. But sure enough when we sat down to sign, the price was $3000 more then expected.

"We just thought,,,,,, since you plan to keep this car until after you retire,,,,,, you'd want the extended warranty and the magic paint/fabric protectant."

You thought wrong.

Oh and I ordered Husky Floor Liners this time instead of the OEM rubber mats to give them a try.

I wish poor @Dottles had this sort of resolve, but you and I both know that he will end up with $1500 just in Toyota clothing, hats, jackets, key fobs, phone cases and license plate frames.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, team scooter said:

You thought wrong.

Exactly.  I'm ready for their shit.

11 minutes ago, Dottles said:

.... except @jsharr's.

Shit both of my last two trannys let me down and left me stranded.   Chrysler bent me over and did not even bother to use full synthetic lube or apply lipstick.  Charged me hundreds to add fluid and then when the problem reoccurred, they finally did warranty it, but that was after I paid them to add fluid to a sealed tranny and had to pay for the "loaner" which became a "rental" after they decided not to warranty their own product.

Next time around the new service manager must have realized they screwed up, because he put a new valve body in the transmission, filled it with really expensive fluid, comped my "rental" car from enterprise and installed an upgrade to the infotainment and navigation system for free.

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I wish poor @Dottles had this sort of resolve, but you and I both know that he will end up with $1500 just in Toyota clothing, hats, jackets, key fobs, phone cases and license plate frames.

Interestingly, yesterday we got a package from the new dealer in the mail. It had coffee cups, cookies, the card for the free oil change they forgot to give us, a $100 dollar gas card, and a years worth of free car washes....... Along with the manufacturers survey about our car buying experience.  ;) The cookies were pretty good so we gave them good marks. :D 

Though it didn't make up for buying at a dealership that primarily sells another brand, selling Mazda as a side line. I knew more about the car then they did. Like the remote starts. They insisted that Mazda doesn't offer it. We schooled them that Mazda indeed offers a key fob start and also an app that you can start, lock, unlock and turn on the air/heat all from your phone. :angry: