Hey Dottie

jsharr

Just now, Dottles said:

Can you please translate this into English tea cup sizes? Thanks.

I paid $7 for a 6 ounce bag.  Got two full pots and one partial pot of coffee out of that.  So about 30  six ounce cups I think.  So around $.50 for a regular sized cup of coffee I would assume

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I paid $7 for a 6 ounce bag.  Got two full pots and one partial pot of coffee out of that.  So about 30  six ounce cups I think.  So around $.50 for a regular sized cup of coffee I would assume

Well, now I'm really envious.  It's 5:23 a.m. here and I am probably going back to bed.  I'm way up here and that coffee is way down there.

Just now, Dottles said:

Well, now I'm really envious.  It's 5:23 a.m. here and I am probably going back to bed.  I'm way up here and that coffee is way down there.

I am sort of scared to convert that price to a full pound of coffee.  Still cheaper than Charbucks but much more expensive than the swill I normally intake.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I am sort of scared to convert that price to a full pound of coffee.  Still cheaper than Charbucks but much more expensive than the swill I normally intake.

I have found that there are some things in life worth the price.  Coffee is one of them.  While my RAV4 is going to be great, I've committed to a steep price for the next couple years.  Conversely, I you have to do is commit to a few bucks more every couple years, you cheap bastard. Think about it.  You won't even have to get your bank involved.  No amatorization tables.  You can cancel at any time.  Just an uptick in your disposable cash. 

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have found that there are some things in life worth the price.  Coffee is one of them.  While my RAV4 is going to be great, I've committed to a steep price for the next couple years.  Conversely, I you have to do is commit to a few bucks more every couple years, you cheap bastard. Think about it.  You won't even have to get your bank involved.  No amatorization tables.  You can cancel at any time.  Just an uptick in your disposable cash. 

My coffee maker just started smoking and we could smell something burning .  Glad it happened before I  left for work.

This coffee just cost me $40.

Should have stuck with swill.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My coffee maker just started smoking and we could smell something burning .  Glad it happened before I  left for work.

This coffee just cost me $40.

Should have stuck with swill.

DAMN!  I've never heard of a Mr Coffee doing that. Heck, I've never seen anyone even wear out a Mr Coffee.  Those things are simple and durable.  I only replaced our old one because the buttons started to stick from a decade of random drips getting in the button mech.  If I didn't mind using it as a non-programmable, it would still be in play.

50 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I often wonder at the amount (pound-wise) of coffee I consume.  It is a fairly large amount per year.  I'd love to know what my household's coffee habit translates into square footage of a farm or percentage of a farmer's time, etc..

Do you think this is the way coffee has always been prepped, or have we gradually increased the amount of coffee beans per cup over time?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I often wonder at the amount (pound-wise) of coffee I consume.  It is a fairly large amount per year.  I'd love to know what my household's coffee habit translates into square footage of a farm or percentage of a farmer's time, etc..

Do you think this is the way coffee has always been prepped, or have we gradually increased the amount of coffee beans per cup over time?

I use about 1/2 cup of grounds for a full 12 cup pot of Mr. Coffee maker coffee.  I use the mesh basket, not a paper filter and I seldom use the STRONG brew button.  I make a full pot almost every day except when I camp and I drink camp coffee at most camps.  If I am staffing, I make two full urns on the big commercial maker at the camp dinging hall each day.