The Tables Were Turned & MIL Was Pissed

ChrisL

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife puts her mom on speaker and does her thing while her mom rants & bitches. I get to hear her rants while I cook dinner.  So MIL has been going on online dating sites recently and I get to hear the drama... In summary over the past few weeks:

Guy #1 still is interested in sex, not on the first date but at some point.  Nope 

Guy #2 is over seas and the are having a long distance thing while she finds a more suitable guy. This guy is on the back burner for now.m but they still keep in touch.

Guy #3 is local to her but is out of the country.  After a couple of days of texting he says he is stuck somewhere and needs money for some reason so he can get home and they can meet.  He asked if she could  help him? Maybe he’s an African Prince!?!?  Anyway as she’s explaining this to my wife she blurts out, I’m the one who needs money, I’m not giving him any...

Ahh the dating motives have been revealed.  Looking for the next meal ticket. I’m guessing 1/2 of the guys she’s connecting with are looking for a rich widow...  

Should be interesting.

Talk aboot barking up the wrong tree! :D

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I'm thinking you catfish her!  Set up a profile with pics like this and she'll be hooked!  She'll think shes days or weeks from a payday!

What does this mean? I don't watch MTV, but other channels show previews of a show called catfish. wtf is a catfish?:dontknow:

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

What does this mean? I don't watch MTV, but other channels show previews of a show called catfish. wtf is a catfish?:dontknow:

Trolling folks on dating sites is a form of catfishing.  Since most/all of the correspondence is usually online, texted, DM, or e-mail, people can set up fake accounts and screw over the "sucker".

From Urban Dictionary:

Someone who pretends to be someone else, especially on the internet. Found on anywhere from instagram to twitter to chat sites, these people use fake pictures to disguise who they are. A synonym for this in some situations may be "troll" because the majority of catfish out there are simply out to troll others, while others have their own reasons for this approach. Often catfish, once discovered, are faced with people full of annoyance and frustration at being "catfishes"

Matt: Ah man that chick Kasey I liked was a catfish all along. Even the booty was fake!
Mark: Ah duuuuuddeee that sucks lets go get you a real girl with a real booty.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

My wife puts her mom on speaker and does her thing while her mom rants & bitches. I get to hear her rants while I cook dinner.  So MIL has been going on online dating sites recently and I get to hear the drama... In summary over the past few weeks:

Guy #1 still is interested in sex, not on the first date but at some point.  Nope 

Guy #2 is over seas and the are having a long distance thing while she finds a more suitable guy. This guy is on the back burner for now.m but they still keep in touch.

Guy #3 is local to her but is out of the country.  After a couple of days of texting he says he is stuck somewhere and needs money for some reason so he can get home and they can meet.  He asked if she could  help him? Maybe he’s an African Prince!?!?  Anyway as she’s explaining this to my wife she blurts out, I’m the one who needs money, I’m not giving him any...

Ahh the dating motives have been revealed.  Looking for the next meal ticket. I’m guessing 1/2 of the guys she’s connecting with are looking for a rich widow...  

Should be interesting.

I like where this is going, but you are going to need to include more family members and get them creative nicknames and acronyms.

Your MIL ould be "MILF", Mother in Law Floozy?

If only the forum had a member who could mentor you on how this whole thing about how to post on forums about your extended family drama.....

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 12string said:

What if all 3 guys are really just alternate catfish accounts from the same guy?

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

OK now I have to redo my math.  This could give me a headache.

I am not sure this would count as a proper 3 way.

May need to get a ruling from RG.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm thinking you catfish her!  Set up a profile with pics like this and she'll be hooked!  She'll think shes days or weeks from a payday!

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

86714770_23845874634470208_2309467115502960640_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=86c3dc&efg=eyJxZV9ncm91cHMiOlsibm9fc2FmZV9pbWFnZV9mb3JfYWRzX2ltYWdlIl19&_nc_ohc=VGo1yMy4AsgAX_42NzE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=94ff259e2c78d38cd6fe4e27690a452c&oe=5F016125

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Trolling folks on dating sites is a form of catfishing.  Since most/all of the correspondence is usually online, texted, DM, or e-mail, people can set up fake accounts and screw over the "sucker".

From Urban Dictionary:

Someone who pretends to be someone else, especially on the internet. Found on anywhere from instagram to twitter to chat sites, these people use fake pictures to disguise who they are. A synonym for this in some situations may be "troll" because the majority of catfish out there are simply out to troll others, while others have their own reasons for this approach. Often catfish, once discovered, are faced with people full of annoyance and frustration at being "catfishes"

Matt: Ah man that chick Kasey I liked was a catfish all along. Even the booty was fake!
Mark: Ah duuuuuddeee that sucks lets go get you a real girl with a real booty.

And yet you claim to have no clue about the 2010 olympics. :ban: