I'm here too!

Sarah R

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Miss Grace also replied to this thread several years ago. I haven't heard from her since we did Chrismarch a few years ago.

Perhaps she did not enjoy her ChrisMarch gift????

Hi Sarah!  You are missed.  You have a great wealth of knowledge and add interesting comments-- stop in when you can.  Sorry to hear about your mom.

2 hours ago, Sarah R said:

Hi!  I know I haven't been here in forever.  I haven't even ridden my road bike in a couple years.  Health issues with my mom have changed my riding.

It sure is great to know that I am missed!

I'm not going to like the health issues, but glad to see you here.  Since the Bear 100 changed dates I couldn't go.  Maybe I will have to go in October to the Hibernator 100.  Would be nice to ride with you and Rich again.

Thanks everyone. 

Yes, I did get into mountain biking.  I never thought I would but I did.  At the same time I also got into gravel riding and fat biking.  I am now the owner of 4 bikes, which I never thought I would say either.  I will try to stop in more often but my time is limited.

• Heart 3

10 minutes ago, Sarah R said:

Thanks everyone. 

Yes, I did get into mountain biking.  I never thought I would but I did.  At the same time I also got into gravel riding and fat biking.  I am now the owner of 4 bikes, which I never thought I would say either.  I will try to stop in more often but my time is limited.

N+1 at work. 

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Sarah R said:

I will try to stop in more often but my time is limited.

You need to cut down on other unimportant stuff like family and work and post here a lot.  Posting on this forum is one of the most gratifying and fulfilling experiences one can ever hope to achieve.    

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sarah R said:

Thanks everyone. 

Four bikes, and one is a fattie. Nice!!

• 5 years later...

You know, other websites would issue you warnings or give your temporary bans for repopulating threads from yesteryear.  It was the biggest, single most stupid rule I've ever encountered.  In fact, I think it was that moment that my whole view on that site changed and I stopped caring about everything in it.  I couldn't believe it when I got a time out for updating a thread like 7 years ago.  If they didn't want us to update them, then why the heck do they allow us to do so?  Gawd that site had it's head up it's ass.  And those biking dicks -- easy targets.  I mean really easy.  The only defense they had was to put you on ignore because anything that challenge their perception of the world and they folded like cards.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dottles said:

You know, other websites would issue you warnings or give your temporary bans for repopulating threads from yesteryear.  It was the biggest, single most stupid rule I've ever encountered.  In fact, I think it was that moment that my whole view on that site changed and I stopped caring about everything in it.  I couldn't believe it when I got a time out for updating a thread like 7 years ago.  If they didn't want us to update them, then why the heck do they allow us to do so?  Gawd that site had it's head up it's ass.  And those biking dicks -- easy targets.  I mean really easy.  The only defense they had was to put you on ignore because anything that challenge their perception of the world and they folded like cards.  

Lots of forums say to search  before posting, that a lot of stuff has been discused before.  I like to visit phantom posters last post on their barfdays, :)

Sarah and Rich are still active riding and on facebook.  Over the years I have known them he has switched from riding motorcycles to mostly mountain bikes and doing much of the maintenance on their local trails.  Although they don't do mushing they are friends of many of my sled dog friends in their area.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1