Dial 9 My Tuesday disaster

BuffJim

I was in charge of the running Tuesday's meeting.  I got in a few minutes early to work out all the kinks.

The part I thought was gonna be hard was easy - using an app to log onto a wireless projector. (Until it froze and stopped working halfway through the meeting.)

But the phone I had to dial in on, wasn't so easy. It was a touch screen pad, where numbers would stick etc. There was no back button so if you made a simple error (I made many of them), you had to start over grrr. The number I had to call needed to be preceded by a 9 and a 1 followed by the number 646....  Well my clumsy fingers dialed the 1 twice before I hit the 6. A second later the phone starts ringing and someone answers Town of Tonawanda, What's your emergency?  I'm like: What? So I explained there was no emergency etc. Then a few seconds after I hung up, they call back - Are you sure there's no emergency.  Yes, we're fine here, just my clumsy fingers.

About this Tim my coworker Tim comes in and says Are you sure you signed up for this conference room? Yes, I'm sure. Then I look at the .5 size font and realize I signed up for the other conference room. No way I was going to move when I had just spent 15 minutes getting dialed in. So I just sat there and eventually he went away and used the conference room I signed up for.

Tim isn't speaking to me any more.

That makes me feel glad its Friday.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I was in charge of the running Tuesday's meeting.  I got in a few minutes early to work out all the kinks.

The part I thought was gonna be hard was easy - using an app to log onto a wireless projector. (Until it froze and stopped working halfway through the meeting.)

But the phone I had to dial in on, wasn't so easy. It was a touch screen pad, where numbers would stick etc. There was no back button so if you made a simple error (I made many of them), you had to start over grrr. The number I had to call needed to be preceded by a 9 and a 1 followed by the number 646....  Well my clumsy fingers dialed the 1 twice before I hit the 6. A second later the phone starts ringing and someone answers Town of Tonawanda, What's your emergency?  I'm like: What? So I explained there was no emergency etc. Then a few seconds after I hung up, they call back - Are you sure there's no emergency.  Yes, we're fine here, just my clumsy fingers.

About this Tim my coworker Tim comes in and says Are you sure you signed up for this conference room? Yes, I'm sure. Then I look at the .5 size font and realize I signed up for the other conference room. No way I was going to move when I had just spent 15 minutes getting dialed in. So I just sat there and eventually he went away and used the conference room I signed up for.

Tim isn't speaking to me any more.

That makes me feel glad its Friday.

Who walks softer and carries a bigger stick at DeathJim Amalgamated Limited, you or Tim?  Based on Tim leaving and you staying, I am going with DeathJim.

• Haha 1

We had a meeting a couple of months ago where a guy was using his laptop to display things on a big screen TV. One of the gals in the meeting IM'd the guy saying what a jerk our customer was being and it popped up on the screen. Fortunately the jerk was looking down at some notes and the guy running the presentation quickly shut down the IM app. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

We had a meeting a couple of months ago where a guy was using his laptop to display things on a big screen TV. One of the gals in the meeting IM'd the guy saying what a jerk our customer was being and it popped up on the screen. Fortunately the jerk was looking down at some notes and the guy running the presentation quickly shut down the IM app. 

Always turn off notifications.  Always.

• Heart 1