I could live in LA

Square Wheels

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...Los Angeles is a deep pit of despair. :(

I'm thinking that's a sweeping generalization.  Many folks would say CA is a deep pit of despair. Similarly, the West Coast is a DPoD, or even the USA is a giant DPoD.

I prefer to talk neighborhoods.  LA has some great ones, with no more despair than anywhere else in the world.

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm thinking that's a sweeping generalization.  Many folks would say CA is a deep pit of despair. Similarly, the West Coast is a DPoD, or even the USA is a giant DPoD.

I prefer to talk neighborhoods.  LA has some great ones, with no more despair than anywhere else in the world.

Holmby Hills is a really high end area.  It’s the “nice“ part of Westwood and abuts Beverly Hills. The Playboy Mansion is in that neighborhood.

The odd thing about Los Angeles is the nice neighborhoods are interspersed with the bad ones.  For example Beverly Hills South Western border is Inglewood or Inglehood as we called it.  The bad neighborhoods in Orange County and San Diego are isolated. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Holmby Hills is a really high end area.  It’s the “nice“ part of Westwood and abuts Beverly Hills. The Playboy Mansion is in that neighborhood.

The odd thing about Los Angeles is the nice neighborhoods are interspersed with the bad ones.  For example Beverly Hills South Western border is Inglewood or Inglehood as we called it.  The bad neighborhoods in Orange County and San Diego are isolated. 

Yeah. So it includes a mix and sweeping generalizations would be crazy, eh?

My wife lived in Brentwood as a kid and has many memories of wandering freely (and safely). But she didn't likely got to Inglewood and it was the 70s.