Paging all to the "Randombaby has a 103 fever" phone...

Randomguy

She also has diarrhea and has thrown up when we gave her lots of liquids (probably too much liquid) at once.  We think the runs might have been from the infant tylenol we gave her to bring her fever down.  We have also given her a couple of cold baths, and have just gone out and bought and administered children's advil.  This seems to have brought her temperature down a nudge, but she still feels really hot.

So what is your advice on what to do so that her orifices stop spewing and leaking and she feels better?   

so long since I have had to deal with this..... but sounds like you are doing everything right.... have you called her doc?

Yeah, she told us to get the children's ibuprofen, then stick something up her butt called "Feverall", which I also procured.  The butt-jamming will take place in about 15 minutes.  We will then go back to administering fluids, they recommended diluted gatorade, coconut water, or pedialyte.  Coconut water is out, as we gave her bunches after the tylenol, but that washed through in a nasty sewage-leak and we don't want to repeat that.  I am morally opposed to pedialyte, that shit is nasty as hell.

How much should gatorade be diluted?  One half?   One quarter?

Yeah, she told us to get the children's ibuprofen, then stick something up her butt called "Feverall", which I also procured.  The butt-jamming will take place in about 15 minutes.  We will then go back to administering fluids, they recommended diluted gatorade, coconut water, or pedialyte.  Coconut water is out, as we gave her bunches after the tylenol, but that washed through in a nasty sewage-leak and we don't want to repeat that.  I am morally opposed to pedialyte, that shit is nasty as hell.

How much should gatorade be diluted?  One half?   One quarter?

can't imagine any kid taking pedialyte willingly..... not sure about the gatorade dilution...... google?

Gatorade at 50/50 is what I gave my daughter when she got like this. Maybe even a bit less. It did seem to help. Sucks when baby is sick.

Edit: Doctors office asap too.

Tried giving her 25% gatorade/75% water, but she didn't like it.  Having a go at mom's boobs at the moment, and the fever is down-ish again.

The pediatrician didn't seem overly concerned, she just said stay on it and be ready if it gets worse, but these steps will probably have it under control.  There is apparently a stomach bug going around in these parts, lots of babies have it.

We used alternating infant Tylenol and advil. Our boys LOVED Pedialyte. Had to hide it from them when they were well.

Yeah, but you are from Texas, though, so either their tastebuds are warped a bit, or you get mexican pedialyte, which probably has real sugar.

Yep.  Advil, electrolyte solution, feed on demand, cool baths or washclothes, and cleaning up spew.  That's how it's done.  When she comes out of it, she'll have made some kind of leap in development...like reciting the Gettysburg Address or something equally as noticeable if not as amazing.  

• Heart 1

Pedialyte is designed for this sort of thing.  And I would wait to give it to her until she hasn't thrown up for a bit (an hour at least) in a small dose, followed by a bit more if she doesn't throw up for another hour.  IMO, gatorade is so sugary that even diluted, it could cause more diarrhea (note: I am not a doctor, but it's no longer the electrolyte beverage it used to be) so I'd avoid it.

Keep her cool for the fever, but not cold (don't want to cause chills).  A damp, cool washcloth on her forehead will help her feel better.  Cool baths every so often (but again, not cold) the way you're doing are a good way to go.

I know it isn't your thing RG, but I will pray that the cute li'l squirt (no pun intended) feels better soon, and that you and the wife have some relief --I'm sure this isn't fun.

• Heart 1

#2 son had bum issues when he was a wee babe.  His surgeon prescribed allowing him to remain undiapered for as long as we could stand it.  We'd place him on a blanket over a waterproof mattress pad on his room floor with toys for half an hour of air time.  Corn starch when we did diaper.