When you're dizzy, it's better to be near services, shops

shootingstar

I had a brief dizzy spell yesterday at lunch.  

But was fine a few min. Enjoyed riding my bike home.

Today, I couldn't completely walk a straight line. And absolutely not feel good enough to bike even a short distance. So I walked. Am so glad to live near park, stores, services and shops. STuff is only 15 min. or less away.

• Hugs 1

I had a problem with vertigo last Spring.  My doctor said there wasn't much to do except ride it out and "prescribed" and over-the-counter med, generic Meclizine (brand name Dramamine II) which is pretty cheap. I don't think it did much though.

My problem occurred intermittently and briefly when I did feel it but occasionally I did grab on to something to be sure of my balance.

Sometimes driving my car was a little bit of an adventure, especially when turning or switching lanes at a good speed: I had to focus on what I was seeing, not the unbalanced feeling I had.  I knew I could drive ok, but I didn't feel confident enough to ride my bike.

I felt it less and less frequently as time went on, having brief episodes a couple times a week near the end. It lasted three months.

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Today, I couldn't completely walk a straight line. And absolutely not feel good enough to bike even a short distance. So I walked. Am so glad to live near park, stores, services and shops. STuff is only 15 min. or less away.

You might not want to be walking or riding anywhere if you can't walk straight with no diagnosis.  First find out what's up, then get backed to whatever is reasonable safe to do - walking or riding.

Hope you feel and are better soon.

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You might not want to be walking or riding anywhere if you can't walk straight with no diagnosis.  First find out what's up, then get backed to whatever is reasonable safe to do - walking or riding.

Hope you feel and are better soon.

This

I slept for a few hrs. in midde of afternoon after coming home with groceries.

Better.  I probably have a less active weekend.  Supper was reheated dearie's crepes with steamed asparagus, wedged with French strong cheese and thin slice of ham inside. Settling down with matcha tea and an orange. :) 

We should value our sense of balance....no matter how fit we are.  Otherwise you can't do much. I learned that a few yrs. ago when I was dizzy for over a month in recovery post-concussion.  I had to learn to walk all over again after a wk.

38 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm better now.

I'd suggest, based on what you have mentioned here, you should visit the doctor sooner than later.  This may be more serious than you think

From the Mayo Clinic web site, about dizziness, in the section about "When to see a doctor",   What you explained met the criteria for "Get emergency medical care if..."

I was going to joke that this must have been alcohol related... but this appears to a serious thing.

Glad to hear you're better.  But, be careful for a while.  The vertigo I had last Spring was intermittent.  I'd be fine for a week then I'd begin driving on a curving expressway exit and it would suddenly kick-in for a brief period.  Always be in a position to react to it until it's been gone for a while.