Do you think Lee Majors thought he was a bigger catch than Farrah Fawcett was?

Randomguy

I have no idea.

Some celebrities think they are inherently spectacular while others just as good realize that it's a combination of luck and talent and that there are a lot of people as talented as them who weren't in the right place at the right time.

As far a catch goes, that has a lot to do with how easy each one was to live with and the real personalities of most stars are not obvious. I've admired from afar people like Linda Ronstadt and Anna Faris for their beauty, skills, and the causes or beliefs they worked for.  But for all I know, they might be a pain in the butt to live with compared to many "average" people.

Lee Majors was a greater star than Farrah when they became a couple, but eventually that reversed.  Her beauty was consistently promoted above her acting ability until she did that movie where she turned the tables on a rapist.  At that point, he must have realized she was his equal as an actor.

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

At one point Lee was the highest paid tv actor, so that probably boosted his ego a bit.

I watched a bit of "6 Million Dollar Man" and thought of this.  I always thought he was lucky to get Farrah, but now I am not so sure that it wasn't Farrah that was lucky to land him.  Maybe they were lucky to have found each other.

33 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I watched a bit of "6 Million Dollar Man" and thought of this.  I always thought he was lucky to get Farrah, but now I am not so sure that it wasn't Farrah that was lucky to land him.  Maybe they were lucky to have found each other.

Lee actually had a remarkably long career with starring roles in The Big Valley,  6 Million Dollar Man and the Fall Guy and guest spots on tons of other shows.  But Farah had guest spots on I Dream of Jeanie, Flying Nun and the Partridge Family which ranks higher in my book. 

I miss AWWC's views on this topic as I'm sure he'd have valuable input, but I think he'd vote for anyone who was on the Partridge Family even briefly.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 5 weeks later...

William Shatner is a guest star on today's episode of the 6 Million Dollar Man - that must have been quite a filming experience.

He's playing an astronaut who either has gained extra special skills while he was in space, or went insane.  Right now he's arguing why they should send dolphins up to space.

34 minutes ago, Kirby said:

William Shatner is a guest star on today's episode of the 6 Million Dollar Man - that must have been quite a filming experience.

He's playing an astronaut who either has gained extra special skills while he was in space, or went insane.  Right now he's arguing why they should send dolphins up to space.

Reminds me of that Outer Limits episode where Shatner played an astronaut that came back from a visit to Venus. It was Project Vulcan if I recall. 

• 3 weeks later...