Good Morning!!

sheep_herder

57 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Plant perennial then you won’t have to do it next year.

Between all the properties that I work in the landscape, there are hundreds of ornamental grasses. It takes two full days just to cut them down. Then I have to shred the clippings for use in the garden.  I'd rather mow the lawn.:)

s-l400.jpg

• Heart 2

High 40's here later today.  I'm off in a while to see the eye doctor to find out how bad things are getting.  Hopefully the eye pressures are down.  I hate the eyedrops and I don't really want another surgery today.  I don't have a co driver so it's dark glasses and a baseball cap on the way home.  It's all highway though so no bikers are at risk.  

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Between all the properties that I work in the landscape, there are hundreds of ornamental grasses. It takes two full days just to cut them down. Then I have to shred the clippings for use in the garden.  I'd rather mow the lawn.:)

s-l400.jpg

Have you ever tried burning them after they dry, maybe even after the snow flies?  We do that with some of ours every year.  Poof - gone in 60 seconds and then the new growth comes back just fine in the spring.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Have you ever tried burning them after they dry, maybe even after the snow flies?  We do that with some of ours every year.  Poof - gone in 60 seconds and then the new growth comes back just fine in the spring.

This advice has been offered many times. These planting are well integrated into the landscape and many are close to buildings. 

It is also illegal to have open burns in this county. I think @Square Wheels should make a public announcement about violating the law.

4 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Currently 28F with a wind chill of 16F, up from a low of 22F.  They are forecasting a high of 48F today.  Hope everyone has a Great Day.

I woke up at 2 am, realized I hadn't put the garbage out for collection, and there was frost over everything.  People are blaming their sinus and lung congestion on our radically up-and-down weather. We're now supposed to hit 60° for three days followed by highs mostly in the 50's thru next week.  For us, this is sure to be called "The Year Without a Winter."  I wonder how that will affect fruit production this spring and summer? Cold winters keep the trees from using up energy needed to get the fruit started.

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Probably having Blood Marys....

They claimed their computer system went down and they asked me if I wanted to wait or come back another day. I told them I had to wait, it’s too hard to get somebody to cover for me at home.
All is good now.

image.thumb.jpg.7a89199c351976299ad7980a01d18739.jpg

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

My eyes checked out good for pressure.  I've escaped the dreaded eye drops yet again.

I just refilled my eye drop prescription on Saturday. Had to stand in line at the drug store for a half hour with a bunch of people that had the plague. My drug store needs a drive up window.

Got up to 50°F here as should warm up the rest of the week.

It's day 3 of a 4-day weekend. I did some miscellaneous tasks like change the oil in the lawnmower and portable generator after running them both for a few minutes. I also dumped the year-old gasoline stored in the shed into my car and filled the gas cans with fresh stuff plus Sta-Bil additive.