So tired today

Dirtyhip

Worked out harder than I usually have been doing, yesterday.  Yoga session, and freezing cold bike ride.  The cold really takes it out of you.  There was a significantly cold wind yesterday. 

Temped to ride my ebike to work.  I am THAT tired.  I won't.  Back on a good track though.

When you slow down on the working out, it is hard to get back on.  Not sure if my MS is making me fatigued, or if this is just normal fatigue that everyone feels.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

43 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

When you slow down on the working out, it is hard to get back on. 

No kidding. I was off the bike three months because of my carcinoid lung thing. But walking every day helped me oot for when getting back on the bike. Although I haven't tackled hills yet:runcirclsmiley:

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Temped to ride my ebike to work.  I am THAT tired.  I won't.  Back on a good track though.

What else is the ebike being used for right now?  You might want to keep it in the rotation if only to make sure it is getting the attention it needs and likely cycling the battery a bit. I wonder if ebike batteries have a preferred way to use them?

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What else is the ebike being used for right now?  You might want to keep it in the rotation if only to make sure it is getting the attention it needs and likely cycling the battery a bit. I wonder if ebike batteries have a preferred way to use them?

I rode it yesterday.  The battery likes to be ran down, and charged.  For sitting long periods, they suggest partial charge. Also, it is never stored in the garage.  I keep it at room temps only, except when I am using the bike.

The bike is mainly used for rides with my husband.  This allows him to have fun and drop stay with him 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Worked out harder than I usually have been doing, yesterday.  Yoga session, and freezing cold bike ride.  The cold really takes it out of you.  There was a significantly cold wind yesterday. 

When you slow down on the working out, it is hard to get back on.  Not sure if my MS is making me fatigued, or if this is just normal fatigue that everyone feels.  

Every time I work out and feel sore/tired the next day, it reminds me that studies say athletes who eat at least 60% carbs recover faster from workouts than those who don't.  I'm more like a Mediterranean Diets' 1/3 of calories each from carbs, fat, protein.  So I'm doomed to soreness!

24 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Every time I work out and feel sore/tired the next day, it reminds me that studies say athletes who eat at least 60% carbs recover faster from workouts than those who don't.  I'm more like a Mediterranean Diets' 1/3 of calories each from carbs, fat, protein.  So I'm doomed to soreness!

This what I generally follow too.  Heavy on the veg side.

Not going to get into debate about these ratios, cause the people on high protein and keto believe their way is best.  

• Heart 1

This what I generally follow too.  Heavy on the veg side.

Not going to get into debate about these ratios, cause the people on high protein and keto believe their way is best.  

Everyone seems to think their "workouts" are pro athlete level workouts.  Sure they are. :whistle: 

I don’t think my workout is pro level. Just more than I have been doing.

Wasn't implying you thought your was, since you clearly aren't acting like you need to change up your diet after a tough day on the bike and at yoga. I'm talking about all the folks out there who change their diets because they are now working out or doing something else new.  I've known plenty of folks who ramped up their diets due to their workouts only to see the workouts fizzle but the diets remain.  Talk about a vicious circle!

49 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Wasn't implying you thought your was, since you clearly aren't acting like you need to change up your diet after a tough day on the bike and at yoga. I'm talking about all the folks out there who change their diets because they are now working out or doing something else new.  I've known plenty of folks who ramped up their diets due to their workouts only to see the workouts fizzle but the diets remain.  Talk about a vicious circle!

I feel rather pathetic being so tired after an intermediate yoga session, a 3 mile walk, and a 12 mile bike ride.  OUT OF SHAPE.  :(  I hope it's just an out of shape moment.