Have you stockpiled anything for the coming apocalypse?

Kirby

Built myself a shed. Has lots of batteries for lights, propane is up to snuff for heat, and the snack drawer is packed full.  Oh!! And I freed the chamber pot from the frozen door in the women's side of the outhouse, so I have that ready too. (I even have a partial roll of TP from work; it was a left-over...)  I'm all set.  :nodhead:

The story of my Costco trip. I thought it might get sidetracked before I even got in. The main light to turn in was about 20 cars deep. I thought if it's this bad I may have to abort the trip. I went around to the other shopping mall entrance and found a spot in the Costco lot right away. Easy peasy. Collect my cart & head to the back of the store. Bypassed the cooking pans demo. One shopper in front of the guy. Get to the back & everything is orderly and sparkling. Because there is no TP! None. Flushable wipes...you bet. Bounty paper towels...you bet. But no TP. I slumped and continued on. Over to the tamale aisle. Two times up & back & I can't find em. So I picked up some Angus burgers. And remembered I had Orange chicken in the freezer. So a bit of rice & orange chicken works for me. 

Took a long look at patio heaters. $129.99 ea, plus a propane tank. There was 2 on Facebook in Bend for free a couple days ago. But it had been up for 4 hours & I was too late. So picked up a bag of socks & some turkey jerky and checked out. I tried to use Google pay but I guess I have to set it up each time (code from bank) and I wasn't ready. So used my CC. No hot dog & soda either. Orange chicken sounded better

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

You won't find toilet paper.  But if you have a detachable shower head, you're good.

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yep.  You can't find any of those items at any of the stores up here.  People are literally taking things into their own hands.

3 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Because there is no TP! None. Flushable wipes...you bet. Bounty paper towels...you bet. But no TP.

Personally I think @jsharr is 'behind' it.

54 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

The story of my Costco trip. I thought it might get sidetracked before I even got in. The main light to turn in was about 20 cars deep. I thought if it's this bad I may have to abort the trip. I went around to the other shopping mall entrance and found a spot in the Costco lot right away. Easy peasy. Collect my cart & head to the back of the store. Bypassed the cooking pans demo. One shopper in front of the guy. Get to the back & everything is orderly and sparkling. Because there is no TP! None. Flushable wipes...you bet. Bounty paper towels...you bet. But no TP. I slumped and continued on. Over to the tamale aisle. Two times up & back & I can't find em. So I picked up some Angus burgers. And remembered I had Orange chicken in the freezer. So a bit of rice & orange chicken works for me. 

Took a long look at patio heaters. $129.99 ea, plus a propane tank. There was 2 on Facebook in Bend for free a couple days ago. But it had been up for 4 hours & I was too late. So picked up a bag of socks & some turkey jerky and checked out. I tried to use Google pay but I guess I have to set it up each time (code from bank) and I wasn't ready. So used my CC. No hot dog & soda either. Orange chicken sounded better

DoSmudge1 has a Costco membership, so she took me there on Sample Saturday. mmmmmm.....  The place was packed.

I HAD to get the "fresh" spinach and cheese ravioli they had as samples; OMG, even without sauce they were great! We also got frozen little muffins that are orange and cranberry, but the first ingredient is zucchini.  They are pretty good too.  (more samples) I got a few more things, and now I owe her $72. WTH??  Adds up fast I guess.  

Bummer about the TP and hot dogs! :D 

6 hours ago, smudge said:

DoSmudge1 has a Costco membership, so she took me there on Sample Saturday. mmmmmm.....  The place was packed.

I HAD to get the "fresh" spinach and cheese ravioli they had as samples; OMG, even without sauce they were great! We also got frozen little muffins that are orange and cranberry, but the first ingredient is zucchini.  They are pretty good too.  (more samples) I got a few more things, and now I owe her $72. WTH??  Adds up fast I guess.  

Bummer about the TP and hot dogs! :D 

Costco is the hundred dollar store. Even if you go in for one item you will pick up more and your bill will be $100+

samples weren't great today. 

37 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

21579DAB-945C-4EBE-A606-09EF73B4D837.thumb.jpeg.591b72584afb3e3ead99fcca7eea61eb.jpeg

You know that there are many different kinds of coronavirus.  The current one killing people is Covid-19. 

The medicine pictured above is for treatment of cows with diarrhea in cows and has nothing to do with the current version afflicting humans.