241 people died today from the Corona virus

Road Runner

Including the Budweiser virus and all the other alcoholic beverage viruses.

The CDC estimated that over 88,000 people die each year in the United States from alcohol related causes.  That's more than 241 people each day.  Yet, no one seems to be frightened or upset about this.

Who can we blame?

alcohol related deaths

• Heart 2

You've got false relativism and strawman there...

I dunno, I seem to notice that we've spend $billions every year trying to stop alcohol related deaths.

Then there's the whole the vast majority of alcohol related deaths are self inflicted thing.  I'm not catching alcoholism because the cook at Burger King coughed on my roll.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, 12string said:

I'm not catching alcoholism because the cook at Burger King coughed on my roll.

But you could catch the flu if that happened.   CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

61,000 = 167 per day

25 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We still don't know enough to say anything for certain, but it sure looks like this strain of coronavirus isn't as bad as the flu.  Note that the common cold is also due to strains of the coronavirus and as this bad coronavirus mutates it may become much weaker.  On the other hand, virtually EVERY strain of the flu is serious business.

Japan estimates there are many thousands of young Japanese that have caught the coronavirus and the symptoms are so mild it's not slowing them down. So the government is worried they are spreading the coronavirus to older people who have additional medical problems and asking young people to mix as little as possible with other people!

13 hours ago, 12string said:

.  I'm not catching alcoholism because the cook at Burger King coughed on my roll.

But you could get t-boned at an intersection because Bubba worked the night shift, then drank Bud Lights until noon, got in his truck & drove drunk. 

58 minutes ago, 2Far said:

And how's that working for us? ~+20,000 alcohol related auto fatalities every year. . .

Where did you get the 20k/yr numberLooks like, despite MASSIVE increases in population and miles driven in the past 30+ years, there HAS been an improvement.

https://www.responsibility.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/FAAR_3974_State-of-Drunk-Driving-Fatalities_Shareable_JPGS-V2-Pg09.jpg