Outdoor living at the road house.

MoseySusan

Our project for the week was to get this place ready for entertaining out of town family. So we redesigned an outdoor conversation space.  

dartboard002_zps57bc61b0.jpg

We moved the dartboard from the wall with wood panelling to the stucco wall. So I put together this cork board with our wine corks.  It was fun to make.  The black border is chalkboard paint so we have a place to write scores. 

dartboard001_zpsdf1900ab.jpg

• Heart 2

very nice job! I would have had more fun hanging the compass... I would have put the N on the bottom or side to see if anyone would notice :)

IF you need more corks, I have about another 300 I can send you :)

I considered playing the with compass rose, but mr. wasn't having it.  The box in the center might contain a cooler tub at some point if I can convince him of that.  We also have a wall-mounted bottle opener that looks like a bulldog. Open the bottles in his mouth. I really like that feature.

Ok, I'm going to have to steal that dartboard idea. As for the cold box, you could get some foam insulation board and line it with that.

I'll loan you the jig mr. made to hold the corks so we could use a jigsaw to cut them in half.  If the original frame is deep enough, you could glue down a fully round cork, but this one isn't, so we cut them and glued a flat side.  I started out with Gorilla glue gel, but it didn't go very far, so I switched to a tube of Power Grab and it worked better for the cork surface.

I'll loan you the jig mr. made to hold the corks so we could use a jigsaw to cut them in half.  If the original frame is deep enough, you could glue down a fully round cork, but this one isn't, so we cut them and glued a flat side.  I started out with Gorilla glue gel, but it didn't go very far, so I switched to a tube of Power Grab and it worked better for the cork surface.

You will also need to make coaster and trivets with the corks as well! I love our pot trivets! 

• Heart 1

Looks nice. You just need a string of fruit lights to make it perfect. I want to get fruit lights for our patio but the wife won't let me. :unhappy:

Fruit lights?  I was into a set of little birdies made from wire that I saw at Cost Plus, but mr. wasn't feelin' it.