Guess what I'm getting?

Scrapr

1 minute ago, Zealot said:

🥰 She’s lovely!  My very first dog was a Golden.  He was a great dog!

Good luck and congratulations! Have fun. Puppyhood goes by so very quickly. 

sorry, that is a stock photo. Puppy is only 2 weeks old. I'll do a meet & greet next week. I will have pictures then

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

sorry, that is a stock photo. Puppy is only 2 weeks old. I'll do a meet & greet next week. I will have pictures then

Looking forward to it.  In a bout of synchronicity, I stumbled upon an old Polaroid photo of me with two of my dogs when I was about 15. Red is the Golden Retriever and Hobo is the black mix.  

Red was owned by a man in our neighborhood. But in those days, most of the neighborhood dogs just roamed whereever.  Red started following me home when I’d get off the school bus. Eventually he started just staying at my house.  One day the owner came over and asked us if we wanted to keep him.  He gave me the dog. 😊 

A few years later, Red and I were walking along the railroad tracks. A train was coming, so we got off. However, I saw something up ahead between the rails.  It was a very small puppy that had been put on the tracks and couldn’t climb over the rails.  I rescued her, took her home, begged my mom to let me keep her and raised her.  Named her Hobo because of that.

7ABF36CA-72C7-4B80-9023-C6A38E357EC9.thumb.jpeg.46c33a85edb4370b5da31614e7d07940.jpeg

they were both really good dogs. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

So..I suggest the meet & greet before you pick a name...but you may want to look at something that connects with your trip to France...OBVIOUSLY  Fifi...is not a top name for a golden....I was thinking Charlemagne but dang that is a boys name (not that that wouldn't work :dontknow:)  Coco, Colette...

It will come....

• Awesome 1