Late lunch

jsharr

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Daughter was catching the 1pm ferry back to the mainland to fly home, so I ran home for lunch with her..., and a nice chicken sandwich from left over Subday chicken dinner

I have been attempting to match a marinade used by a local burger joint for their chicken sandwiches.  This did not hit the mark, but paired well with the orange citrus dressing.  I also forgot to pound the breasts thinner before marinating them.  I have three more at home for some sort of chicken dinner tonight.  Also have a Southwest dressing and and avacado dressing at the office.  Trying eat healthier again.  Salads with grilled chicken most day.

I want to recreate this Caribbean salad from Chili's. 

Caribbean Salad with Grilled Chicken

Caribbean Salad with Grilled Chicken

Pineapple, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, red bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, with honey-lime dressing.
  • Heart 1

I don’t know if I’m making a late lunch or an early lunch. When my wife asks what’s for lunch I take that as a clue that I need to make lunch. I think it is usually a late lunch. Today I made pancakes for breakfast. We didn’t have enough blueberries so I added raspberries and sweet cherries. They turned out really good. I made black angus burgers for lunch, and we are just now finishing dinner. Pasta with steak and garlic rolls.

• Heart 1

We had 4x4s at Wendy's.  The power went out while I was feeding, and we did not want to open the refrigerator and could not warm anything on stove or in the microwave.  It was out for about 4 hours, and outage was due to the high winds approaching 50mph. I was more concerned about supplying livestock water than any other inconvenience.

4 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

We had 4x4s at Wendy's.  The power went out while I was feeding, and we did not want to open the refrigerator and could not warm anything on stove or in the microwave.  It was out for about 4 hours, and outage was due to the high winds approaching 50mph. I was more concerned about supplying livestock water than any other inconvenience.

Didja get their frosty?

4 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

How long is the drive from your place to Wendy's?  

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I thought you lived miles and miles from civilization at the end of winding dirt road

We have another place 30 miles south, with the last 20 miles on a very rough gravel road, but the home place is 4 miles from downtown. I really did not want to live further out of town when I was working, as some of my projects required taking measurements late at night.  Having to drive a 'long' distance after a 'long long'  day of work can be dangerous.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

We have another place 30 miles south, with the last 20 miles on a very rough gravel road, but the home place is 4 miles from downtown. I really did not want to live further out of town when I was working, as some of my projects required taking measurements late at night.  Having to drive a 'long' distance after a 'long long'  day of work can be dangerous.

So that means my wife and I can rent your down and out place, right?