I wonder what will be next

Gump

It is weird that people will jump from "let's be prepared for this..." to "it's going to kill us all".

Only two things I can think of that can "kill us all" and one might not do it fully - 1) full scale nuclear war, and 2) a monstrous meteor strike. 

But, yeah, folks do like to amp it up a few extra levels, and most of those were only serious to the folks who lived/died through them.

The Red Cross guy who handled my house fire case (he arranged for a nurse to handle getting my insurance company to give me a break on renewing 90 day prescriptions and then she paid for them!) told me to get out of stocks because "bad things are coming."

I was going to reply, "When aren't they coming?" but he was so helpful I figured I'd cut him a break.

I lived in Spokane for a few years and dated a smoking hot Far Right Christian lady that was great in the sack and I -- shit.  I forgot where I was going with this.  Oh yes.  There was a group in her circle that believed the UN was going to take over America because black helicopters were seen patrolling the area.  There was a big push to sell their assets and move from the  megalopolis Spokane area and buy land further up in the hills.  The backing theory was almost all cars had computer chips in them and the invaders just had to push a button and all vehicles would be disabled.  Escape would be futile.  Naturally there were dumbasses that sold all their assets and did just that making for a lot of happy real estate agents. 

Turns out those black helicopters were working for the forest service putting out fires.