Rough day on the project

2Far

Two guys stringing welding leads (think XXXL extension cords) up a 200 ft tall tower. Guy on top loses control of his end & it pendulums down & strikes lower guy on arm & head. Conscious, but in a lotta pain. We have to use the crane & rescue basket to fly him down. Ambulance to the hospital. I get to make the call to his spouse. CAT scan, MRI, multiple X-rays, morphine. I get to meet his wife & his mother, coupla cool ladies. He's OK. I just walked back into my room. 

I earned my money today. 

Sorry to hear that, 2Far.  I hope your one guy heals up soon without incident.

As I don't know much about this process, is there something that helps the two guys keep hold of the leads beyond just holding it in their hands?  Just curious.

Guy #2 goes up the tower first ahead of Guy #1, the one who dropped his leads.  Guy #2 gets to bring Jarts and bricks up the tower.

Jarts and bricks is something of a load.  Guy #2 could save himself the work and just spit.

Two guys stringing welding leads (think XXXL extension cords) up a 200 ft tall tower. Guy on top loses control of his end & it pendulums down & strikes lower guy on arm & head. Conscious, but in a lotta pain. We have to use the crane & rescue basket to fly him down. Ambulance to the hospital. I get to make the call to his spouse. CAT scan, MRI, multiple X-rays, morphine. I get to meet his wife & his mother, coupla cool ladies. He's OK. I just walked back into my room. 

I earned my money today. 

Glad he's ok.....that's a tough one, having to talk to a spouse about their SO after an accident.