Thanks Petite! Your comment has sent me into a spiral of disconnect

Dottleshead

Her "We all gotta go sometime" comment immediately took me down the Dark Side of the Moon path.  I'm already forced to stay at home and work and I'm having trouble getting motivated to do so.  It's Friday amongst other things, and then I start searching Pink Floyd videos on the YouTube.  Bad.  I am now listening to DSOTM and have since entered a state of despondence.  Screw it -- I'm starting my weekend now.

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Her "We all gotta go sometime" comment immediately took me down the Dark Side of the Moon path.  I'm already forced to stay at home and work and I'm having trouble getting motivated to do so.  It's Friday amongst other things, and then I start searching Pink Floyd videos on the YouTube.  Bad.  I am now listening to DSOTM and have since entered a state of despondence.  Screw it -- I'm starting my weekend now.

You should take up day-drinking.  :) 

Just now, Wilbur said:

You should take up day-drinking.  :) 

I can't smoke.  I can't drink.  I'm on a effing diet and it's holding ground and nothing more.  I've suddenly got mountains of debt.  I've failed myself, I've failed my wife, I'm cheating the company and I'll I have is to post to you bastards online.  I'm thinking it's time to rent an Uber and go down into Americana and get a coffee.  Really blow off some steam.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

59 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I can't smoke.  I can't drink.  I'm on a effing diet and it's holding ground and nothing more.  I've suddenly got mountains of debt.  I've failed myself, I've failed my wife, I'm cheating the company and I'll I have is to post to you bastards online.  I'm thinking it's time to rent an Uber and go down into Americana and get a coffee.  Really blow off some steam.

Have you considered opioids? That's what I would do.

• Haha 1

Sorry @Dottles but a couple months ago a friend of mine was dealing with kidney issues (she still is) and the Doc said to her "There is a 60% mortality rate with.........." I said "hell did ya tell him we all got a 100% mortality rate...ain't none of use getting out of here alive!!"

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer...I do what I do to fight the good fight...to try and stay as healthy as possible...while still enjoying life...I hope I don't get this virus...but if I do...I will fight like hell to beat it...and my body tends toward lung crap :wacko:

Those trips to the gym and trainer have me stronger and (knock on wood) healthier than if I wasn't doing those things!  My diet and alcohol consumption could use some improvement...Ha mostly in portion control for both :whistle: Sometimes the job sucks big time...finances aren't always what I would like them to be..(that scale goes up and down too)...But keep on trucking!!

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Dottles said:

At least your house hasn't burned down.  I'm just coming out of the shock and depression, partly brought on by waiting hours on hold or waiting for a call back that doesn't come to get in contact with Verizon, the gas and electric company, my old ISP, and handling calls from friends saying, "Why didn't you call me? I was worried you were dead."

Today I got a replacement laptop from HP.  It would NOT turn on at all.  Amazon sent me the return packaging labels, I put the return package together and am dropping it off at UPS tomorrow.  I reordered the computer and it's supposed to arrive Sunday.

Meanwhile my nephew Ryan has given me his laptop to use until I get a new one that works - as well as his bedroom until I move Tuesday: he has a game room in the basement and is sleeping on the couch there.

Life is good!

• Hugs 1

50 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

At least your house hasn't burned down.  I'm just coming out of the shock and depression, partly brought on by waiting hours on hold or waiting for a call back that doesn't come to get in contact with Verizon, the gas and electric company, my old ISP, and handling calls from friends saying, "Why didn't you call me? I was worried you were dead."

Today I got a replacement laptop from HP.  It would NOT turn on at all.  Amazon sent me the return packaging labels, I put the return package together and am dropping it off at UPS tomorrow.  I reordered the computer and it's supposed to arrive Sunday.

Meanwhile my nephew Ryan has given me his laptop to use until I get a new one that works - as well as his bedroom until I move Tuesday: he has a game room in the basement and is sleeping on the couch there.

Life is good!

Yep. It's all about perspective. I am grateful. Good luck to you, Mick.