What would you do?

Wilbur

I'd stay in Orlando, but I like it there.  You stay away from the theme park quarter, search out the good Cuban restaurants, take a day trip out to the cape and take in the National Seashore.  We have a forum member who can hook you up on a good bike ride. More restaurants in the Vietnamese part of town.  Orlando is a good place, but not any parts of the town that most tourists ever see.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Given the choice of sit for a week in Orlando or fly home on the airlines for the week.  Is Corona going to kill me? 

Hmm. I liked the Orlando area.

Do you have a bike with you? There’s a great trail nearby.

NASA is only an hour away. 

10 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Go north to Ocala and visit the Don Garlits museum.  Go south to Kissimmee and check out the warbirds.  Go east to Daytona and drive or ride around the track in a stock car.

Been there, done all that, plus NASA.  A former boss had a horse farm in Ocala.  It would be nice to never go back. :) 

22 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...this is a good time of year to drive up to Lake City and float/snorkel the Ichetucknee.

At first glance I thought this was nothing but a sexpot post... but turns out it's a beautiful vid. I couldn't get the sound to work but it didn't matter. The underwater camera is pretty mesmerizing.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

At first glance I thought this was nothing but a sexpot post... but turns out it's a beautiful vid. I couldn't get the sound to work but it didn't matter. The underwater camera is pretty mesmerizing.

...the Ichitucknee springs and the outflow stream that flows (into the Santa Fe, IIRC), is one of the great lesser known snorkling treasures of north Florida (AKA south Georgia.) I've done that swim probably three or four times, and seen different underwater life every time.  There are (or at least used to be) alligator gar almost as big as a person, and it's someplace people look for manatee.

This is one of the connected deep freshwater spring holes where people also dive.  I don't dive caves, it's too dangerous.

The whole underlying geology is limestone, and every now and then somebody loses a house into a sinkhole.

12 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

:DeadHorse:

...ikr