OTC suicide pills

Road Runner

58 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Pro-abortionists like to extol the virtue and correctness of women having the legal right to control their own bodies.

I would like to have the same right.

It should be a choice we all get to make.  My father "sort of" made it by refusing additional treatment that may have prolonged his life or even, eventually, fixed enough to give him many more years.  He didn't want that and that request was honored, but in the time from "no more" to finally gone, he suffered A LOT. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It should be a choice we all get to make.  My father "sort of" made it by refusing additional treatment that may have prolonged his life or even, eventually, fixed enough to give him many more years.  He didn't want that and that request was honored, but in the time from "no more" to finally gone, he suffered A LOT. 

Likewise as my father refused treatment for pancreatic cancer when quality of life wasn't there as he had known others whose "extra" 6 months was torture. In the final stage with home hospice support he was in pain treated with morphine which at times was not sufficient. With the constant pain, he begged my mother to OD him on morphine which he could not self administer, but she couldn't do it. A terrible position to be placed in. That is one of the reasons death by cancer is more a relief rather than a grieving event for the family.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think of suicide and end of life determination/euthanasia as being very different situations. Each require very different types of help.

On the surface I agree with that. However, the fact remains that both are simply enacted  to end suffering, both are choices, and quite often (legal or not) both get carried out. 

I am surprised some knucklehead in Washington hasn’t come up with a law making suicide illegal and touted it as a way to reduce suicides.

2 hours ago, Zackny said:

I am surprised some knucklehead in Washington hasn’t come up with a law making suicide illegal and touted it as a way to reduce suicides.

It should be punishable with a mandatory death sentence.

• Heart 1

There have been times I've been very depressed. but never a time when I thought I was reduced to a life of constant sorrow: I knew that things should be sunny at some point in the future. So I've never actually considered how the deed would be done to end it all.

If I wanted to do so, I think my biggest worry would be not succeeding and living onward crippled physically or mentally from the attempt.  Cyanide or other sure pills seem the way to go, but anyone contemplating suicide clearly would have severe physical or emotional problems that may cloud his/her judgement and may seem less severe with therapy or talking it out with friends.

Even though I felt emotionally ok after my house fire, I accepted the Red Cross's offer of a therapist to check in on me twice during the week. I also talked with relatives, friends, and neighbors and their support made an awful event much less awful.