So far Saturday

petitepedal

Had tea and chatted with my neighbor..oh and messaged my friend who's mother died...Then my neighbor and I went to the salon so I could pick up my hair crap :P then we went to brunch. Then we strolled a couple of shops on the same street as the restaurant..including a hardware store that sells EVERYTHING  :skipping:I spent $3.79 for a small grater.  We stopped at the car wash but the line was way long...so we came home..I swept my garage area so I can lay on the floor and put my bike rack on...and I got laundry going.  Soon I am heading back to the carwash and hope the line is shorter.

• Heart 2

I went to the mexican restaurant (Loco Perro in East Hampton CT)  shared a large platter with my son and we have enough left over for tonight and maybe even a bitobreakfast.  There's a large burrito for each of us left and rice and beans for my breakfast.  We ate the tacos, the quesidilla, the poppers, the taqito and the chips and salsa for lunch.

I went to work & the contractor showed up so we did some work.

Got the disassembly done and delivered the parts to the machine shop.

Unfortunately the machinist was scheduled for daylight, the shift we used to deliver the parts, not afternoon, the shift that the parts will spend resting in the machine shop.

Tomorrow on day light we can watch the machinist work. Not sure who will put it back together  :dontknow:   

I spent the early morning filling in as much as I could from online sources to bring my Aug. 21 backup budget etc. spreadsheet files up to date.

Then I took the new computer that didn't work to the UPS place to send back to Amazon.  Another is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

While out and about I got some shoe-box-size storage boxes and razors and shaving cream.

Then I returned to my sister's house and looked up current prices and sources of things damaged in the fire since I'm not going to replace most of them with the same model, etc. and will take the money.

I picked up four BBQ-rubbed chicken legquarters.  45 minutes and 400° ended up with the chicken around 210° but very juicy and very-crispy almost-burnt skin that everybody liked.  We had mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans with it.

Then I had a discussion with some family members about how I should do the kitchen - 2 sinks or 1 sink (I like 1 big one) and if I should get a Jacuzzi bathtub.  Since it will take a month to get rid of the debris and decide how much is going to be torn down (probably all or almost all), I'm concentrating on other things - like the destroyed things list for now and moving into a luxury apartment Tuesday and picking up the Fios triple-play stuff from the Verizon store.

I slept in and then did some grocery shopping.  I learned that hamsterkauf is the German word for panic shopping and I intend to use it a lot in the coming week. I did some laundry and took a nap.

• Haha 1