A renovation find

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

Mrs. TK and I decided to update the second floor porch, of which one task was removing the carpet that had been installed before we bought the house.  After removing the carpet I noticed some bits of newspaper stuck to the floor.  I was able to peel back one small piece intact.  I think the partial word may be 'croquet'.  Must have been an exciting news day.

When my wife and I and our three sons were renovating a rental house we owned we were painting all the floors before having wall to wall carpeting installed (trying to seal them so any residual smells from past tenants don't come through the carpet).  I had accumulated quite an assortment of paint over the years and for this job it didn't matter what color or type of paint.  I let the kids go nuts with whatever they wanted to do as long as the whole floor was covered.  They painted ninja turtles, told stories, made designs, had fun.  They even painted a "Where's Waldo" in one of the corners.  We wished we could be there when someone eventually replaced that carpeting.