Times have changed..

Wilbur

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I always get a laugh when I'm carded at the grocery store when buying some sort of cooking wine for womaxx.  I realize that some places have a strict policy, but camon.

Some of the grocery's around here can not ring up alcohol without scanning a license   

These days it's best not to make any assumptions.   Earlier this week a coworker sent a note referring to someone as "he" but when we looked the person up in the directory, it sure didn't look like a "he".  But we were all cautious about even asking about the discrepancy.    Turns out the first person had really bad sentence structure in her note and the "he" referred to someone else,.  :nodhead:

• Heart 2

43 minutes ago, Further said:

Some of the grocery's around here can not ring up alcohol without scanning a license   

Part of the deal when they changed the law to allow gas stations and grocery stores to sell beer and wine was they had to scan everyone’s drivers license. They also limit the quantity that you can buy at one time. If you want more than a twelve pack you have to take it out to your car and come back to buy the second one.

if you buy from a beer distributor or state store you can buy truck loads if you want.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I always get a laugh when I'm carded at the grocery store when buying some sort of cooking wine for womaxx.  I realize that some places have a strict policy, but camon.

When I was under 21 I always got carded at a certain liquor store.  Maybe I looked guilty.

When I turned 21 and bought liquor, they didn't card and I said, "Wait a minute! You guys carded me EVERY time I tried to buy booze here in the past. I'm 21 today and I demand to be carded!  They did and gave me a free six-pack of Bud as a birthday present!

I've never been carded since!

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

These days it's best not to make any assumptions.   Earlier this week a coworker sent a note referring to someone as "he" but when we looked the person up in the directory, it sure didn't look like a "he".  But we were all cautious about even asking about the discrepancy.    Turns out the first person had really bad sentence structure in her note and the "he" referred to someone else,.  :nodhead:

There was a young woman barista at one of my favorite coffee shops. She always looked androgynous. I joked she looked like a female “Toad” from American Graffiti. Fast forward a few months. Had not seen her in there for a while. The week before vacation she was making my coffee. Thought there was a weird shadow on her face. Turns out it is facial hair! When she, now he, handed me my coffee, the voice had changed. Pretty sure hormones were involved. Hope it works out for him. Nice kid. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When I was under 21 I always got carded at a certain liquor store.  Maybe I looked guilty.

When I turned 21 and bought liquor, they didn't card and I said, "Wait a minute! You guys carded me EVERY time I tried to buy booze here in the past. I'm 21 today and I demand to be carded!  They did and gave me a free six-pack of Bud as a birthday present!

I've never been carded since!

I have not been carded in a few decades!