Let's boycott daylight savings time.

jsharr

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The Amish don’t observe DST. I don’t know how they handle things like doctor appointments but the kids walking to school past my house will be walking by at 8:30 and when we switch to DST they will be walking by at 9:30.

You’ve got some lazy Amish. I leave for work by 6:30 am and if I take the high road to the office I see the Amish kids walking to school. 

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

Waking up is a good thing, regardless of the time.

Yeah, but I seldom do this.  I always wake up on time or early with no alarm clock.  Today I woke up at 7 am instead of 6 am and then just said Phuket and laid there until closer to 8, then went and made coffe and did not get in the shower until 8:40 is.  Was not in the office by 9 am.  I am here now.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I always wake up on time or early with no alarm clock.

When I worked, I just about always woke up before the alarm clock.  I set the clock, just in case.   5:30 was normal for years.  Changing to DST, I needed the alarm for a few days.

If i had an early meeting 90+ miles from home, I would have to get up sooner.  So I'd drink some water just before bed, and I'd have to wake up to pee at 4:30 and I still beat the alarm.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

When I worked, I just about always woke up before the alarm clock.  I set the clock, just in case.   5:30 was normal for years.  Changing to DST, I needed the alarm for a few days.

If i had an early meeting 90+ miles from home, I would have to get up sooner.  So I'd drink some water just before bed, and I'd have to wake up to pee at 4:30 and I still beat the alarm.

I'm gonna need the alarm clock for a while longer, since now it is dark at 6:30, so I don't have daylight sneaking into the bedroom.  My dog looked at us like we were nuts getting up in the dark.  I slept in yesterday, so her schedule was "normal" but today, we were getting up in the dark :(  Luckily, by the time I am showered, the sun is up and we're good for a morning walk. Another few weeks and it will be sunny at 6:30 am again.

40 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

did you pee in the shower?

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

My dog looked at us like we were nuts getting up in the dark. 

So did my dogs today when WoBG had to get up while it was still dark to get ready for a day out with her girlfriend.  (hmmm I wonder what that will cost)   Both dogs didn't want to move... I took them out anyway.  I figured if I had to get up so did they.

Now the dogs are sleeping.