That's it. The bike is coming out from winter storage.

maddmaxx

The people at the doctor's office are enamored by the fact that I ride a bicycle across town, around 16 miles one way, for my appointments. Last week, I had an appointment. I was teasing the PA saying like, "I didn't feel like riding over today so I only went 10 mph instead of 12." After relating the conversation to the doctor, he asked how fast does a normal person go? I said, "Probably 6-10 mph around the block. The main difference between me and a regular rider is the distance I do." I'm not speedy but I ride a bike. Frankly, that's good enough, IMO.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

It’s 57 degrees out here. Plenty warm enough to ride but that would mean an hour cleaning all the salt and crap off the bike afterwards😕

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I has a technical question.  If I fill the tires with 60 deg air today is that still winter air?

I had a similar question as I was swapping wheels and tire sets yesterday and with it still "winter" but with the temps in the 60s, I wondered if I was using the proper mix of air to successfully get a ride in.  My guess is the winter air was still slowing me down :angry: so I'm gonna have to see if some summer air is available from Amazon since it is their summer now.

• Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Zackny said:

It’s 57 degrees out here. Plenty warm enough to ride but that would mean an hour cleaning all the salt and crap off the bike afterwards😕

I was just commenting on Saturday that I don't think I saw "road prep" more than once or twice this year, and those times were busts.  Our roads and paths are pleasantly salt and grit free relative to past winters.

45 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't forget to feed the cats!

You feed the damn cats! They're not my cats. :angry:

The young male was up in the tree while I was working. He was waayy out there. Young cats are so stupid until they mature. I think they use 7 of their 9 lives before they become adult. :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, donkpow said:

The people at the doctor's office are enamored by the fact that I ride a bicycle across town, around 16 miles one way, for my appointments. Last week, I had an appointment. I was teasing the PA saying like, "I didn't feel like riding over today so I only went 10 mph instead of 12." After relating the conversation to the doctor, he asked how fast does a normal person go? I said, "Probably 6-10 mph around the block. The main difference between me and a regular rider is the distance I do." I'm not speedy but I ride a bike. Frankly, that's good enough, IMO.

I went for a ride and I'm one of "those people".  I rode 3.6 miles at 8mph.  After the rotator cuff kept me off the bike for much of last year, I'm in terrible shape as the first ride has shown.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I went for a ride and I'm one of "those people".  I rode 3.6 miles at 8mph.  After the rotator cuff kept me off the bike for much of last year, I'm in terrible shape as the first ride has shown.

That's good enough, IMO. :)

6 hours ago, donkpow said:

You feed the damn cats! They're not my cats. :angry:

The young male was up in the tree while I was working. He was waayy out there. Young cats are so stupid until they mature. I think they use 7 of their 9 lives before they become adult. :)

Just like young male humans

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1