So just realized seldom prepare salads

shootingstar

Walking by the fresh lettuce display, etc., I realized I don't have to worry about not having salad for awhile:  I seldom prepare salads.  I need to be told to prepare a salad.  It's just not in my typical way of cooking at home. I tend to cook veggies most of the time.  Stir firying, steaming.  

It's dearie who is the salad maker since it comes so naturally and creatively from him.

It's ok, I haven't died from lack of salads. And neither a large % of the world outside the Western world.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Walking by the fresh lettuce display, etc., I realized I don't have to worry about not having salad for awhile:  I seldom prepare salads.  I need to be told to prepare a salad.  It's just not in my typical way of cooking at home. I tend to cook veggies most of the time.  Stir firying, steaming.  

It's dearie who is the salad maker since it comes so naturally and creatively from him.

It's ok, I haven't died from lack of salads. And neither a large % of the world outside the Western world.

Salads are a warm weather dish.  Winter just isn't conducive to salads as a meal.  That said, I do eat one every day for lunch. :) 

• Heart 1

I might eat more salads if I had my sister's salad cups.

My sister, a cancer research nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital, saw these cups marked "Johns Hopkins Hematology" that no one was using and were stored in a closet.  They hold about a quart and have a small, maybe 3 oz. cup snapped into the top lid and a long, plastic fork snaps into the side.  My sister got permission to grab them and she buys a bag of salad mix, grape tomatoes, etc. and assembles 5 cups for her workweek's lunches. She put croutons in the little cups attached to the lid so they won't get soggy being next to the veggies.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, donkpow said:

Raw vegetables and fruit do have some good things to offer.

It sure is....I just don't get around to it voluntarily to make salads often. That's all.

For supper tonight, I sautéed some sliced asparagus, with onion and red pepper, then threw in beaten egg with abit of milk.  I guess it was some sort of scrambled egg with veggies. Nutritious also.

I like a mixed green salad, but am lazy and prefer to just buy a bag of greens. The bagged greens are treated with something that lubes my system. Too many sprints from lunchroom to bathroom have tempered my salad habit.  :huh:

Planning to plant some greens soon  :)