Sibling order

Gump

Youngest of 9, well 8 now.  I broke the pattern, 3 girls, boy, 3 girls, boy, boy. Oldest is 17 years older, second oldest had a child at 16 so I grew up with a nephew my age... 

My kids grew up with several of my nephews kids.  It’s hard keeping the generations straight...

• Heart 1

I'm number 3 of 4. 

Older sister passed away from cancer 10 years ago. 

Older brother lives 5 miles away but I don't know where. We only see each other at Christmas time. We don't hate each other we just don't have anything in common.

One younger sister I feel only calls is when she needs something fixed. 

I can't complain they did show up when I was in the hospital 

6 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Youngest of 9, well 8 now.  I broke the pattern, 3 girls, boy, 3 girls, boy, boy. Oldest is 17 years older, second oldest had a child at 16 so I grew up with a nephew my age... 

My kids grew up with several of my nephews kids.  It’s hard keeping the generations straight...

All of you from same parents? My mother was 2nd youngest of 8. The oldest was 20 yrs. older than my mother.  I met my mother's niece who was the same age as Mom.

I am the oldest of 6, now 5 left. Between myself and youngest is a 10 yr. spread.  

Hence, my 7 nieces and nephews are from 34 yrs. to 9 yrs. old.  I have 1 great nephew (3) and great-niece (8 months).

I see a lot of similarities of first borns with multiple siblings....first born tend to be abit more independent in childhood / amuse themselves more easily/willingly for hours in childhood, asked to be responsible and look after stuff sooner in age.

At 15 yrs., I realized that if I quit being bossy, then sibs would be more receptive to me.  I've been right ever since. 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

All of you from same parents? My mother was 2nd youngest of 8. The oldest was 20 yrs. older than my mother.  I met my mother's niece who was the same age as Mom.

I am the oldest of 6, now 5 left. Between myself and youngest is a 10 yr. spread.  

Hence, my 7 nieces and nephews are from 34 yrs. to 9 yrs. old.  I have 1 great nephew (3) and great-niece (8 months).

I see a lot of similarities of first borns with multiple siblings....first born tend to be abit more independent in childhood / amuse themselves more easily/willingly for hours in childhood, asked to be responsible and look after stuff sooner in age.

At 15 yrs., I realized that if I quit being bossy, then sibs would be more receptive to me.  I've been right ever since. 

Yep, same parents, 9 kids.  

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

What makes your sis, "wild" ?

It started in this thread.  Basically we always go to the same restaurant when we visit the Catskills - the same restaurant that was there when we were kids decades and decades ago.  Even when we were kids, my parents and sister would always order the hot turkey sandwich and my oldest sister orders that still as a tradition (plus it's good).  But my middle sister is wild and we never know what she might order.  So she's wild because she doesn't order the same thing fall the time for decades like the rest of us do. :nodhead:

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

It started in this thread.  Basically we always go to the same restaurant when we visit the Catskills - the same restaurant that was there when we were kids decades and decades ago.  Even when we were kids, my parents and sister would always order the hot turkey sandwich and my oldest sister orders that still as a tradition (plus it's good).  But my middle sister is wild and we never know what she might order.  So she's wild because she doesn't order the same thing for decades.

I thought it would be something more salacious.

then it would seem my niece is wild....she has written erotica before her current genre.

10 hours ago, Zackny said:

Where do you fall age wise in relation to your siblings?

i have a brother 10 years older, one sister 6 years older and another sister 4 years older. Baby if the family here🙂

The baby sibling in my family became quite assertive and forthright.  She is the doctor in the family.