Damn rear brakes!

Parr8hed

One would think that with all of the technology these days that you could make a rear brake that would not need adjustment nearly as often.  90% of the time when one of the tour riders have to switch bikes after a crash they have to spend a lot of time at the car getting that damn rear brake adjusted. 

Maybe we could somehow fit the same brake calipers to the rear as we do the front?  The front seem to never need adjustment. 

• Heart 1

One would think that with all of the technology these days that you could make a rear brake that would not need adjustment nearly as often. 90% of the time when one of the tour riders have to switch bikes after a crash they have to spend a lot of time at the car getting that damn rear brake adjusted.

Maybe we could somehow fit the same brake calipers to the rear as we do the front? The front seem to never need adjustment.

they never seem to need adjustments on descents.
  • Heart 2

I think being on the rear in the climbs, they all the wieight of the bike and rider on them and that causes the cable to stretch and they need lots of adjustment.  The front brake actually gets better on the ascents as it does not have all the weight on it.  

What will happen when the UCI permits the use of discs?

Will sprinters need their brakes bled on the way up Col du Tourmalet?

I would imagine that the saddles may need a little more adjustment then.  Gotta make sure that the seat post clamp is properly torqued.  And maybe a turn or two of the barrel adjuster on the RD?

I would imagine that the saddles may need a little more adjustment then. Gotta make sure that the seat post clamp is properly torqued. And maybe a turn or two of the barrel adjuster on the RD?

Honestly, if they are using SRAM/Avid discs it wouldn't surprise me if they would need them to be bled.

You're supposed to have brakes in the rear? Hmmm....maybe I didn't read the kit instructions correctly when I built this bike. I thought they were spare brake pads, so I put them on my car which needed a brake job at the time.