As a connoisseur of crossword puzzles...

Road Runner

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

I don't see 'gun' very often but I do see 'gnu' -- computer stuff.

I also see 'ali', "aria', 'also', 'etna', and 'oreo' a lot.

Sorry it was late when I wrote That autocorrect won. I am still, however, looking for a gnu. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I am still, however, looking for a gnu. 

Also known as a wildebeest, an African antelope.

If they made a special weapon for hunting the wildebeest and you just recently bought one, I suppose you would be the proud owner of a new gnu gun.  :)

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Do you do online x-words? I like stansxwords

I sent my phone online contacts to the devil in exchange for a crossroad app that downloads 10 notable and reputable crosswords. I'm pretty green in the crossword thing but I enjoy it quite a bit. it's patterns and analytics, and maybe best of all it improves my esoteric vocabulary which has been neglected.

6 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Do you do online x-words? I like stansxwords

If i'm not doing crossroads on my phone, I'll use this site from time to time.  They're generally a little more easier than what RR is doing no doubt.  But I like them because I can actually finish some of them!

https://puzzles.usatoday.com/

• Heart 1

Many of them surely evolved from onomatopoeic words that began before our ancestorx had true language since most of the sounds we make to imitate animal sounds are also one syllable: ruff, oink, move, neigh, etc. - even "meow" is one syllable in most languages.

Note that most words in English for the meat of an animal come from the Anglo-Saxon words for the name of the animal itself, but the name of the animal derives from the conquering French word for the animal.