Chai Yakking Report

jsharr

I had heard about yak butter tea from a good friend of mine in Tibet, the Lama,  so I grabbed my pot, some Chai tea bags and hopped a plane to Tibet.

After a brief stop to chat with the Lama (big hitter the Lama, more on that later.)

So then I was off to find some yak herders.  Found some, sat at there fire, made my tea, tossed in a generous dollop of yak butter and took a sip.  Holy Jumping Catfish!  That stuff was foul.  I puked on the whole herd of herders.  I was Chai yakking everywhere!  They took it all in stride and then sent me back to the Lama for enlightenment.

So I get back to the Lama's place and he is watching Jeopardy and getting every answer right.  Big Thinker, the Lama.

I proceed to tell the Lama about my Chai yakking and complain a bit that it was nowhere near as good as he said.  In fact, I think he owes me a little something for coming all that way for a cup of crap, so  I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Well, this did not sit well with me, so I called the Lama a few choice names and he hauls off and whacks me upside the head, drops me like a pole axed steer.  I had it coming though, but dang, that Lama is a big hitter.  Watch your mouth if you ever go to Tibet for yak butter tea.