I quit my job

Parsnip Totin Jack

4 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

On Monday. I’ve been here for three years and like it here and the people are nice. The reason I’m quitting is that the CFO is being a pain in the ass. We met in late January and he said that the CEO wants to upgrade the talent in my position. It was up to me to come up with a plan to “upgrade the talent” Over the weekend. I found an online graduate certificate in risk management through Boston University. I used that to buy time to find another job. Last Wednesday I had a phone interview and in person on Friday. They offered the job Friday afternoon. I start the 23rd. Everyone but the CFO is sad I’m leaving, they saw no issues with my work. Good luck in your talent search dickbag. I will tell the CEO all this in my exit interview. The CFO isn’t very popular because he has chased away good talent  before because he can’t manage. 

Best of luck to you in the new job!

This does relate back to my other comments in the weatherman thread, but look at what's happening - a CFO is chasing off talented folks and likely incurring all sorts of EXTRA costs in recruiting, hiring, and wage increases to new folks, yet he continues to have a job.  Nuts. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, in the current job market and with the giant unknown of the incoming person.

There are about 40+ jobs that I’m qualified for in this area alone. Risk management is a relatively new discipline, there aren’t a lot of candidates with experience. My new position will also give me a single source security clearance.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Tell me Old, when you interviewed with your new company, didja tell 'em what a effing arse your CFO was??

No, that isn’t a wise move in an interview. You may be viewed as a problem and passed on. They might see you complaining about them in an interview down the road. Don’t go negative or talk down anyone in an interview.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Old#7 said:

No, that isn’t a wise move in an interview. You may be viewed as a problem and passed on. They might see you complaining about them in an interview down the road. Don’t go negative or talk down anyone in an interview.

Oh I hear ya. I was just wondering what if you simply omitted it or what you told them as your motivation to leave?

29 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I took that to mean get some new guy in the position. He offered me a job in document imaging if I couldn’t upgrade my own talent. If I walked on water he’d complain that my feet got wet. Eff that guy.

Walking on water takes very light feet.

35 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

My new position will also give me a single source security clearance.

When I worked in the classified world this was key.  Many companies wouldn’t look at a candidate without an active clearance.  Cracking the nut was hard but once in, a new world of opportunities presented themselves.

Im sure in NOVA classified work is abundant.

Good luck on the new gig and yeah the CFO clearly had a motive to push you out. F’em move on!

• Heart 1

The only thing you can say to him/them, without rancor, is that "The talent is upgrading, thank you very much for the idea".

If you ask nicely I can teach you how to flat all of his tires about 10 minutes down the road.  It's not as easy as it used to be though what with all the security cameras.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Old#7 said:

I told them that there was a culture of resistance to risk management adoption and that there was nothing left for me here. True story 😂

ooohhhh....you speak guud corporate talk. 

On the construction site it usually ends with .....and the horse you rode in on, and a 1 finger salute

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2