Resurrected - road bike pics

TrentonMakes

The honest answer is:  I used to be, but now I measure 6-11.  Apparently my back and/or my knees have given in a little over the years.

My shoes are 51s though I wonder if I should be in a 52. 

Huge feet.   :whistle:

I am 5' 5.5"  I am planning to stay this height, so my doc is not allowed to take my height measurement.

Like I said, in '87 I bought a bike this size off the sales floor at an LBS (Klarsfeld Cyclery, on Central Avenue in Albany).  I miss those days; custom is the only way to go to get a bike this size nowadays.  Technically I probably should have longer crank arms (these are 175s).

sharp looking bike.  63-64 cm maybe?

I am pretty sure it is a 60 actually.  Falcon of England Europa, Reynolds 501 main tubes. Bought it at a garage sale for $10.  Rebuilt it with a 105 drive train and the Alex rims off my Trek.

Before.

falcon002.jpg

It already has the Alex wheels on it in that pic, otherwise that is how it looked when I bought it.  Had Wolber Super Champions on it when I bought it.  

• Heart 1

Makes me think of one of the club guys that rides a custom 70cm Serotta.

You should check on Ebay for the other RSX shifter.  You'll find them around.

ooh... a custom Serotta.... ::drools::

I got the Sora shifter on ebay - a new Sora was cheaper than a used RSX, and 8-speed road stuff is harder to come by... but I guess I found out why the Sora is cheaper.  Also have to get used to the thumb lever for upshifts, but I'll get there.

Heck, it makes my head tube seem small (63cm) and my buddy's (he's 6'9" and rides a 64cm).

But yes, the Serotta one of the guys in our club rides --you'd swear the head tube is the size of a seat tube on a Terry --or any bike that'd fit PetitePedal.