It's Official..... I'm going

SuzieQ

Be prepared to see what it's like to be truly poor.

My brother works in India a few weeks each year, and has told some stories that are just hard to believe.

I know to expect this, and I'm sure some of it will be hard to see, but I did grow up seeing poverty everyday, I know vastly different to India... but I believe India has so much to offer, and it's a place and culture that I have been drawn to since I was a teenager.

hope you have a great time SuzieQ  :)

Yeah, now that you decided to go, don't get sick or injured!!!  Seriously, don't go to the hospital for ANY reason, I have a buddy that sells medical equipment and India was part of his territory.   He had to go to hospitals there, said he would not shake anyone's hands or touch a damn thing, he said that dead/dying people were in EVERY hospital's hallways (sitting or laying on the floor) and sometimes elevators, and sanitation was forgotten unless anyone had time for it.

I hope you have a good time, and you stay with the yogurt hippies all the time!

Yeah, now that you decided to go, don't get sick or injured!!!  Seriously, don't go to the hospital for ANY reason, I have a buddy that sells medical equipment and India was part of his territory.   He had to go to hospitals there, said he would not shake anyone's hands or touch a damn thing, he said that dead/dying people were in EVERY hospital's hallways (sitting or laying on the floor) and sometimes elevators, and sanitation was forgotten unless anyone had time for it.

I hope you have a good time, and you stay with the yogurt hippies all the time!

Sounds like South Africa