How Do You Feel About Hipster Beards?

Razors Edge

...or the related lumberjack look?  I see a LOT of dudes now with these types of beards, and last weekend, during the nice weather, I spotted a hipster bearded dude running shirtless on the trail in front of me. What struck me as EXTRA odd was that he was completely manscaped on the bare parts yet super bushy in the beard area.  I feel like that's WAY too much of a contradiction.

image.png.e7cb4613b3876fcc99565edd98b94ba9.png

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...or the related lumberjack look?  I see a LOT of dudes now with these types of beards, and last weekend, during the nice weather, I spotted a hipster bearded dude running shirtless on the trail in front of me. What struck me as EXTRA odd was that he was completely manscaped on the bare parts yet super bushy in the beard area.  I feel like that's WAY too much of a contradiction.

image.png.e7cb4613b3876fcc99565edd98b94ba9.png

I haven't noticed.  I just notice my dearie's beard.  Seriously, I don't really notice men in that kind of way anymore.  I notice if a guy in my age, if he is fit or not. I'm gauging the guy more on health rather than coolness or attractiveness.

thechef.jpg?w=787&h=1024

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

They would not be getting any action from me, if I was single and looking.  

Facial hair is a turn off, for me.  My husband is cute with one week scruff, but beards and other long facial hair is a no go.  

No, it's actually moustaches are a no go for me.  I like dearie's beard because it suits his facial features (beards don't suit all guys)  and it's not long/bushy like those hipster dudes.  He keeps his beard neat and very trim.

Dearie has had beard for the past few decades. In his younger years, he looked Mennonite German.  I never set out to go after a guy with a beard.  It just happened...he was the righr combination. Beard is just the icing.

3 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I cut my longer than normal beard off last week, as I got tired of messy eating.  Now I just look like I need a shave, and that is fine.

Dearie is a neat person always even as a child.  He doesn't like food dropping accidentally in his beard...which is rare. So a longer beard would be a hassle ...

Other than being mostly gray, my beard looks like that now. Is probably longer. And I have exactly zero percent care about whether anyone other than my wife likes it.

So, you know what? Ask yourself why you really care. Seriously. I could post something negative about any person’s appearance. But why?  How they look doesn’t affect me. A hipster’s beard has absolutely no impact on your well being or sense of style superiority. Or does it?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

There is a young man at work that is a complete hipster.  Skinny pants, kinda short cut, fancy boots, super tight sports coats and a neatly trimmed beard & Rollie Fingers style moustache.  I talk to him frequently, nice kid and I always think, man this kid rocks the hipster thing.

I grew a beard a couple of years ago and my wife prefers it.  I’m fine with it but I keep it trimmed fairly short.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I usually go every three weeks and get my hair cut and beard trimmed. I’m not going since my wife came home. I’m getting a bit bushy, I don’t care.

Since 1996, I’ve shaved my beard exactly one time.  It was about 7 years ago.  Horribly looking face neath that beard.  Won’t voluntarily do it again.  But mostly I’ve kept it short and manicured all these years. But when I had my shoulder surgery last July, I decided to let it grow out and see how it looks long.  I still keep it manicured, but it’s quite a beard for me. Mrs Z has put braids in it several times.  Looks wild. Going to do that for the next Celtic fest I attend.  😉 

• Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I still keep it manicured, but it’s quite a beard for me. Mrs Z has put braids in it several times.  Looks wild. Going to do that for the next Celtic fest I attend.  😉 

Hilarious....dearie wouldn't be totally amused to have braids in his beard. As a guy ages, if he has beard, it helps if he has beautiful shaped head when going bald.

A photo over 18 years ago:

spacer.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Hilarious....dearie wouldn't be totally amused to have braids in his beard. As a guy ages, if he has beard, it helps if he has beautiful shaped head when going bald.

A photo over 18 years ago:

spacer.png

You two are a very cute couple together.   😊