COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

I went on a CX ride today, because there was masses of people in the park, and the trails are narrow.  This allowed me to have plenty of space.  I did stop and see a large group, like 15, all taking a group photo.

Now, Oregon is closing all state parks.  This is why we can't have nice things.  People.

:angry:  FUCK :angry:

Oregon Beaches this weekend

Totally disgusted. 

Oregon beaches.jpg

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Because it's cheap and they've paid for it already. Nowhere else to go.

Most campuses gave the students 5 days to pack up and get out, didn't matter if they paid for it or not.  I wouldn't think many had options other than home to vulnerable parents.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:50 PM, Allen said:

They just closed the recycling center. I have nowhere to throw out my trash. 

Is this a private firm or a municipality?  I have not heard of any city municipality shutting down their garbage pickup full-on yet.  It would not be wise. 

We have a private firm pick up for condo bldg. No stoppage yet.

thank your garbage pick up folks.  We did, lots of people did in their neighbourhoods, when they cleared so much debris after the massive river flood.

Just now, shootingstar said:

Is this a private firm or a municipality?  I have not heard of any city municipality shutting down their garbage pickup full-on yet.  It would not be wise. 

thank your garbage pick up folks.  We did, lots of people did in their neighbourhoods, when they cleared so much debris after the massive river flood.

This is the county’s doing. I can’t get curbside pick up because my driveway is a half mile long. They won’t come down it. 

7 hours ago, Allen said:

This is the county’s doing. I can’t get curbside pick up because my driveway is a half mile long. They won’t come down it. 

Well if you have a truck and a county/city dump nearby and you've got a few dollars lingering around... you're good to go. Err... assuming the county/city worker is on the job.  If not, just drive in.  ;)

47 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

They can't go to Florida beaches.  The party has to be somewhere.

Maybe? But I work on campus, the place has been deserted since they went on Spring Break on 3/6. The only fleury of campus activities was 3/14, when students came back to move out of the dorms for the semester, In-person classes ending for the semester.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Maybe? But I work on campus, the place has been deserted since they went on Spring Break on 3/6. The only fleury of campus activities was 3/14, when students came back to move out of the dorms for the semester, In-person classes ending for the semester.

Perhaps some have no where to go or they feel safer in a dorm with no one around.

As of today our office is shut down and my crew told to work from home.  I will work from here alone for the next couple weeks (can you say "no pants Tuesday everyday"

Calls for service will be case by case, but basic evidence searches will be put off for the time being.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t like this:

Nor the conversation that after next week we need to reassess if we’re doing more harm to the economy than good by staying home. Our national leaders have no resolve.

So are we going back to "business as usual" or not?  This is getting old.

13 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The numbers from the S-B-S show NY and NJ a real mess in relationship to the rest of the nation.  Others not good but nothing like NY and NJ.

Plus, the entire south never washes their hands, so I worry about them.

Chicago will get there, as will SF and maybe LA.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

The numbers from the S-B-S show NY and NJ a real mess in relationship to the rest of the nation.  Others not good but nothing like NY and NJ.

Latest from FL Governor...people arriving on flights from NY/NJ airports will have a mandatory 14 day quarantine and staying with relatives doesn't count. Apparently, when NY/NJ went on the lockdown, air travel skyrocketed as they sought to get out of NY/NJ with many coming to Florida. Appears to be everyone even if not from NY and were unlucky have a plane change at one of the NY/NJ hubs. Assumes at least one person on the flight would have been affected. 

Can't do it for car traffic though.

12 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Regardless of testing. It doubles every 2-3 days. Testing will only expedite that.

So it is a shame there was no warning from China or Korea or Singapore that people can have it withoot symptoms or mild symptoms .  Or maybe it is just the 14 day incubation period that is a killer. 

Someone I know if struggling to get back from Mexico.  She is a landlord that has no other source of income.  She is a very talented bartender too, but that is a closed industry now.

So, she is struggling to get home from outside the country, with her 75 year old Mother who is traveling with her, and no idea of what her financial situation is going to even look like when she returns.  

Who is writing in a Journal?  I am.  I think a lot of books will be written about this era.  Sadly, some may never get finished. 

Two towns in my county have enacted emergency actions shutting businesses down and banning gatherings of more than ten. Monroe has not. Several restaurants have closed dining rooms voluntarily,  good for them. Several have opened back up, fuck them. 
Boo to my local government. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Someone I know if struggling to get back from Mexico.  She is a landlord that has no other source of income.  She is a very talented bartender too, but that is a closed industry now.

So, she is struggling to get home from outside the country, with her 75 year old Mother who is traveling with her, and no idea of what her financial situation is going to even look like when she returns.  

Who is writing in a Journal?  I am.  I think a lot of books will be written about this era.  Sadly, some may never get finished. 

It looks dicey for 2 folks. Hope they make it clean back home.

I stopped keeping a journal in my early 20s.  Then gave up on my cycling journal after lst 2 yrs. of returning to cycling.

After cherry blossom blog post (waiting to be released like dove), sorta thinking about something meditative that would allude to cv-19 with some beautiful flower shots I took...different from cherry blossom. (This feels funereal.. The floral part.) But huge part of me, doesn't want to be specific, because things change daily which colours my feelings and gets too personal in a blog. :wacko:  My blog is intended to be more visual and positive in tone, or at least reflective.  There are a number of significant things that I care over the years, get angry and have tried to make a difference, but blog doesn't really delve into that.  Then it would be long posts.

Still thinking about it. Have covered some historic events as someone in the midst of it all.  :scratchhead: 

This is an interesting web site about "the curve".

When the graph opens it is in a logarithmic scale.    I like this scale,, you can see the rate of doubling much easier.

If you want to see the linear scale (which makes the news as the curve), click the word LOG in the top left of the graph.  We have a long way to go....

Japan, and South Korea have flattened their curve.  China has too, if you believe their data.  

In other news, I have light body aches, a light sore throat, and I feel very very tired.  No fever, no coughing.    We will see what tomorrow brings.

Total was incredibly stressful.  Thought I was being laid off, and then found I was going to work from home.  Had to pick up some equipment, ride over to grab the truck, load everything up, drive home, and then get back to pick my husband up.  Today was insane.  

I am taking all my vitamins, drinking plenty of water and taking good care of myself.  Going to bed very early.