COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

30 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

In other news, I have light body aches, a light sore throat, and I feel very very tired.  No fever, no coughing.    We will see what tomorrow brings.

Total was incredibly stressful.  Thought I was being laid off, and then found I was going to work from home.  Had to pick up some equipment, ride over to grab the truck, load everything up, drive home, and then get back to pick my husband up.  Today was insane.  

I am taking all my vitamins, drinking plenty of water and taking good care of myself.  Going to bed very early.  

Remember, there are lots of things going around like allergies, the flu, colds, etc.  It's easy to say but don't get paranoid. You're more apt to fall to one of those.  Believe in yourself. I'm reading everything you're doing and it's outstanding.

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

Remember, there are lots of things going around like allergies, the flu, colds, etc.  It's easy to say but don't get paranoid. You're more apt to fall to one of those.  Believe in yourself. I'm reading everything you're doing and it's outstanding.

Likely.  I slept 8 hours and feel decent.  Going to take temp now.

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Yup, probably just PRI again.

Likely.  It has been flaring up, and you can see that. 

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

It's interesting that the language of the current order explicitly encourages outdoor exercise with proper distancing. Parks are open but playgrounds are closed.

It is interesting here in that the mayor has kept playgrounds and parks open, but admits the playgrounds are not a good idea by saying "We never sanitize the playgrounds other than trash removal, it isn't possible to sanitize them every five minutes."  This is a reasonable realization and statement, but why allow kids to play on them?  Maybe I misread that they are open, I have to check.

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I wouldn't worry about covid symptoms till it gets up into the 102/03 range.

Agree.  I am still taking my temp to be responsible,  I do not want to give this to ANYONE.  

Our friend is heading for the hills.  He knows a friend with a giant piece of property.  He has offered up his home for a quarantine house, if one of us falls ill.

Mississippi's governed volunteered his state to be the control group.

Gov. Tate Reeves signed an executive order early this evening superseding a patchwork of local bans on public gatherings in Mississippi and other heightened restrictions that several municipalities across the state have ordered or considered in the wake of COVID-19’s spread inside Mississippi.

(. . .)

The order seems to declare that most types of businesses in Mississippi are "essential" and thus exempt from social-distancing requirements suggested in the order. 

(. . .)

Reeves' order thus cancels "any order, rule, regulation or action by any governing body, agency or political subdivision of the state that imposes any additional freedom of movement or social distancing limitations on Essential Business or Operation, restricts scope of services or hours of operation of any Essential Business or Operation, or which will or might in any way conflict with or impede the purpose of this Executive Order is suspended and unenforceable during this COVID-19 State of Emergency. However, nothing in this Executive Order shall in any way alter or modify the authority of the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety or of the State Department of Health and the State Health Officer."

COVID-19 will last forever because people from Mississippi will continue to infect the rest of the nation and hence the world.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Silly said:

Evrod Cassimy from Channel 4 news was diagnosed with CV.  They were interviewing him the other morning and said that the pain was immense.   

Back in 2016 I learned about pain. 

Acute pancreatitis, that huts a LOT.  It hurt to breath. It hurt to move.  I was breathing so shallow my oxygen level was low enough I was in the ICU for a few days and I was on oxygen nearly the entire stay at the hospital.  I had to do breathing exercises the last few days.   When I was getting better, I walked down the hospital hallway with WoBG.  I walked (rather slowly) about 100 feet.  I turned around to go back to the room.  WoBG; Why are you quitting?  I'm done, this is as far as I can go.  

The ironic part, up until then, you could count the days of work I missed on 1 hand.  The day it started, i was on my first day of vacation. We walked the dogs. I rode 25 miles (rather than 36, i decided to move the grass on the ride) and then mowed the grass.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Italy.thumb.png.099e0c5570a5966f8c37e0ed2e259c7a.png

Yeah, I don't remember these kind of images for regular flu seasons.....

While infection and death rate increases will naturally be logarithmic, also understand that the US number spike is also related to finally having test kits available.  We've now tested a few hundred thousand.