COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

I actually saw people this weekend.  I needed gas for the mowers, there were 2 people working the pumps.  Actual humans.  I went next to Home Depot, the parking lot was packed, I didn't need anything THAT bad.

Getting a little closer to home, I'm really concerned for a friend.  My closest friend not named "my wife".  She's a stage 4 cancer survivor, so she has pretty much no immune system.  And she has asthma, 60 years old.  Checks a lot of boxes on the list.  Her husband works at the grocery store.  He's extremely careful, but can you cover all the bases?  One of his coworkers is showing symptoms, they re all holding their breath waiting for test results to come in.

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, 12string said:

I actually saw people this weekend.  I needed gas for the mowers, there were 2 people working the pumps.  Actual humans.  I went next to Home Depot, the parking lot was packed, I didn't need anything THAT bad.

Getting a little closer to home, I'm really concerned for a friend.  My closest friend not named "my wife".  She's a stage 4 cancer survivor, so she has pretty much no immune system.  And she has asthma, 60 years old.  Checks a lot of boxes on the list.  Her husband works at the grocery store.  He's extremely careful, but can you cover all the bases?  One of his coworkers is showing symptoms, they re all holding their breath waiting for test results to come in.

Yeah, it's tough. Sending good thoughts your way.

I've got a friend that had quadruple bypass surgery  a couple years ago. He was back in the hospital a month ago with a heart problem. I think he's waiting for things to clear so he can get the surgery.

I've got some work that needs doing, but it's nothing compared to that.

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I revised that when I realized the end of the month wasn’t last weekend but instead midweek this week. I re-predicted 200,000 cases by today. Fortunately, we didn’t hit that mark (yet).

We will, if the current ramp continues.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

After a couple days of new cases being off the peak, the upward slope resumed yesterday.   :(

image.png.edf37512bd0b7d50822f7529a765a787.png 

Weekend data is slowed.  People don't go to the doc on the weekend for non-emergencies.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

This thread really is too long.  Can we start a new one and put a cork in this one?

I know you know how to get a thread locked. 

Surely there is some low hanging fruit from idiot tweets or out of your nation's captial to bring up and discuss and get the thread locked

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I know you know how to get a thread locked. 

Surely there is some low hanging fruit from idiot tweets or out of your nation's captial to bring up and discuss and get the thread locked

The nazis in our schools and hospitals are experimenting on dead liberals to see if they can be weaponized against China.

How is that?

Edited by Square Wheels
Edited
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Square is a "kind" editor as well. Does enough to fix it, but not too hammer handed.

The complexion of this thread has totally changed at this point as a result. No need to close the thread so I rescind the order. I now decree this thread is open.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, donkpow said:

The complexion of this thread has totally changed at this point as a result. No need to close the thread so I rescind the order. I now decree this thread is open.

I worry that's the Tomcat speaking.  How do we know real Don hasn't been whacked and already part of some nefarious experimentation by not-very-nice folks?????

My mother got yelled at yesterday at Walmart, It was her first time shopping in 2 weeks and she had gloves and a mask, but apparently somebody scolded her for being out in public. She's 83, and has always been very sensitive, but lives her life in a way that doesn't get a lot of criticism. My Dad - who is as high risk as it gets - was the driver and didn't go in the store.

She had talked about buying groceries on line, but probably wasn't able to master the technology.

• Sad 1

For once,  a Facebook meme actually is thought provoking.  Basically calling this Schroedinger's virus.  People are contagious long before exhibiting symptoms, so when in the prescence of others we have to assume we don't have it and try not to catch it, but we also have to presume we have it and try not to spread it.

16 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

My mother got yelled at yesterday at Walmart, It was her first time shopping in 2 weeks and she had gloves and a mask, but apparently somebody scolded her for being out in public. She's 83, and has always been very sensitive, but lives her life in a way that doesn't get a lot of criticism. My Dad - who is as high risk as it gets - was the driver and didn't go in the store.

She had talked about buying groceries on line, but probably wasn't able to master the technology.

You can't order online here on fresh direct, all the delivery windows are full.

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I talked to my dad and then I ordered him groceries online. He will send me a check at his insistence. 
people are idiots at Walmart. Please tell your mom that I apologize to her for all the jerks. 

• Hugs 1

48 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

This infuriates me.  Even if she had a virus or flu, wearing a mask protects those around her.  People are enormous jerks.  I told the story to my husband and he was .... :angry:  

The stupidity and cruelty of this world just makes me so sad and angry.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Youngest son is now on furlough so the 4 of us are home for the next month at least.  Womaxx has to work on line and oldest son has to teach 3 nights a week.  I hope we all get along.

We're having mandatory vacation next week.  

The industry I am in is devastated.  Once we go back, it sounds like it will be a work 3 weeks then a week furlough.  I will find out more tomorrow.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

I was just talking to my son about that while he was sitting in the line at a drive through store 

15 hours ago, Allen said:

A read a third of it and then it got kinda long.  I'm glad to read your state is taking this seriously.  I think most are.

50 minutes ago, Dottles said:

A read a third of it and then it got kinda long.  I'm glad to read your state is taking this seriously.  I think most are.

He (the governor) just found out that the virus can be transmitted by asymptomatic carriers.  Like just learned this in the last 24 hours.