COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Out of curiosity, how isolated is everyone right now?
1 - Not at all. Living normal.
2 - Being more cautious. But still going out.
3 - Going out as needed, mostly working from home, still seeing friends and family.
4 - Very limited, only going out when unavoidable. Careful contact with people
5 - Full lockdown. No one in or out.

I'm going out tomorrow or Sunday in the car with the wife.  We are going to venture into Costco to buy my dad some food items and drop it off at the AFH.  They also want to get paid so I'll be dropping off a check.  Plus we need to pick up the bills at his house so I got to deal with my sister(s) one way or another.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Between 3 & 4. I'm not normally a gadfly so It's mostly business as normal. I'm not doing anything like shopping for anything except groceries. Everything is closed down though. I miss going to Panera Bread Co. for bagel and coffee. I am working outside with others a bit but we are limiting close proximity where possible.

If you can get some fresh air in your lungs, I think that would be good. Maybe even get some aerobic exercise outside. Cough that stuff out of there and keep your system in active mode. I've been spraying my sinuses with saline rinse a few times a day, flush that stuff out of there.

• Heart 1

I am at 4.  I've been going out for food, meds and post office.   I also walk Lucy and take my bike out.   While walking, everyone maintains a substantial distance, like 10 to 20 feet.  There is more space between people when I am on my bike. 

One nice thing about stay at home orders is the roads are empty so riding is great.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Between 3 & 4. I'm not normally a gadfly so It's mostly business as normal. I'm not doing anything like shopping for anything except groceries. Everything is closed down though. I miss going to Panera Bread Co. for bagel and coffee. I am working outside with others a bit but we are limiting close proximity where possible.

If you can get some fresh air in your lungs, I think that would be good. Maybe even get some aerobic exercise outside. Cough that stuff out of there and keep your system in active mode. I've been spraying my sinuses with saline rinse a few times a day, flush that stuff out of there.

I feel the same.  I got in another bike ride yesterday.  Each ride has been longer than the ones before.  Yesterday was some intentional aerobics, sprint then coast, sprint then coast. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

91565299_10157214479343481_383614109372907520_o.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ibo6vNc_HpYAX_3qoJF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d4b5c92f8f5ef1cfaf30e3f84f3f7140&oe=5EA4AB93

An inordinate number of deaths from like nursing homes. The governor is looking at beefing up medical facilities to moderate the impending upward turn.

One of my sisters in law is head of nursing at a big nursing home with facilities in Eastern Ohio and Western Pa. She said it is exploding. :(

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Or you could cough and rinse your sinuses over your bagel and coffee?  Just a thought.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Further said:

One of my sisters in law is head of nursing at a big nursing home with facilities in Eastern Ohio and Western Pa. She said it is exploding. :(

Yeah, that's going to be bad.  We lead the nation still (I believe) in deaths because it wiped out a lot of the population in a nursing home.  Being old and dependent in an immobile environment is really a kiss of death. Sorry to read this.

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, that's going to be bad.  We lead the nation still (I believe) in deaths because it wiped out a lot of the population in a nursing home.  Being old and dependent in an immobile environment is really a kiss of death. Sorry to read this.

IMO New York is leading the nation by an order of magnitude for cases and by x4 for deaths over your state.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO New York is leading the nation by an order of magnitude for cases and by x4 for deaths over your state.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

Good news/bad news. Glad we're not top dog anymore but I don't wish it on anyone.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

People have a hard time changing their behavior.  Your town/state is not alone.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I saw some get-togethers on people's front lawn yesterday when I was riding.  Mostly they were sitting is small groups in a circle about 10 or 15 feet from one another.  I assumed the small groups were immediate family members.  They seemed far enough away to stay safe.  I thought it looked like a reasonable compromise 

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I saw some get-togethers on people's front lawn yesterday when I was riding.  Mostly they were sitting is small groups in a circle about 10 or 15 feet from one another.  I assumed the small groups were immediate family members.  They seemed far enough away to stay safe.  I thought it looked like a reasonable compromise 

Yeah.  I've got no issues with that and I doubt others would either.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Outside is really the safest place to be. The droplets expelled during a cough, etc will disperse quite easily.

I’m watching the news currently, and it seems that Chicago is now panicked about rising infection rates, after not heading social distancing particularly well. WTF did they expect? 

Am I missing any other big Covid news today? I’m a little freaked out by my company’s sudden  tightening of procedures, I’m  not sure if something has changed with infection rates or if it’s just an abundance of caution.

18 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@groupw .?

Yo! Doing ok. I left the house for a short time this afternoon to pick up some beer from our local brewery. I ordered on the phone and paid by cc. I picked up curbside. Drove home and scopes out latest activity. Activity at groceries seems less than normal. Many retail establishments closed I did not expect. I was surprised at how many cars were in the Menard’s parking lot. Oh and gas is down 10 cents/gallon since Wednesday. 
Our county reported its first 2 Covid-19 cases yesterday. 1 of them died last night. The governor ordered tighter restrictions on restaurants here. They were allowing up to 10 people in at 1 time. Now takeout only and bars are closed if they don’t have food for takeout. One of the leading restaurateurs in our city is a friend and has been doing Facebook live a few times each day. The strain is taking a toll. He about broke down a few times today especially when worrying about how to take care of his staff. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1