COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

15 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So I’m now  9-18% less worried about the disease. Unless O blood type people are just naturally more socially distancing or prone to use a mask or wash their hands. :scratchhead:

“people with type O blood are between 9 and 18 percent less likely to test positive for COVID-19 when compared to the other blood types.”

Maybe they just aren't as good at taking tests?

I was forced to go to the dentist on Friday to have a tooth pulled.  I waited outside til they called and told me to come in.  I saw the receptionist, the tech, and the doc... that's it.  Mask on while walking to and from the chair.  Hope I didn't catch or transmit anything, but it was an emergency.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

I was forced to go to the dentist on Friday to have a tooth pulled.  I waited outside til they called and told me to come in.  I saw the receptionist, the tech, and the doc... that's it.  Mask on while walking to and from the chair.  Hope I didn't catch or transmit anything, but it was an emergency.

Having an entire tooth pulled sounds horrible -- and sounds like an emergency.  Take it easy Rev.

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Having only half the tooth pulled sounds even more horribler

Indeed...  There was a lot of snapping, crackling, and popping going on as little pieces came out...  Very disturbing and more than once I wondered if he would give up and have to send me to an oral surgeon!

2 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

Indeed...  There was a lot of snapping, crackling, and popping going on as little pieces came out...  Very disturbing and more than once I wondered if he would give up and have to send me to an oral surgeon!

I hope you weren't trying to use your mouth as a bottle opener.

59 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

arrrgh.  Had that done for an impacted wisdom tooth in the Navy.  Stitched up the gum and told me I'd be good to stand the midnight watch.  They also gave me codeine and a paper cup to spit blood into.  I stood the watch but I don't remember it.

Just got back from the dentist, still numb.  I broke a wisdom tooth about 3 days after they had to shut down.  wait in the lot, masks, plexiglas, sanitizer.  They actually took all the doors off the rooms and even took out sections of walls for air movement.  Sounded like an exhaust fan running.

She didn't bother with the broken tooth.  The one under it has been gone for years, she said it would be dumb to charge me all that money for a tooth I don't even use.  So I have to go to a surgeon for that.  Since the time was booked anyway, she started the cap I've been waiting to do for a year or so.  Gotta go back in 3 weeks now.   My 6 month is due 3 weeks after that.

34 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I don't think that anyone wants to hear this.  The nation is now committed to accepting a new level of deaths in exchange for the ability to party in bars and restaurants.

Yeah for sure this but I think it's also more than just that.  Folks are hurting financially.  If I lost my job, I'm not so sure the risk wouldn't be worth it.  When you can't eat or pay the bills or worse -- go in a big hole -- it can motivate you to do foolish things.  Of course so can a few margaritas.

Cases – 317– That is eight more cases in the past 24 hours
Total deaths – 21 – that’s no more deaths reported in the past 24 hours
Hospitalized – 53 – that’s no more in the past 24 hours

One county over which has a much larger population:

Cases – 4,980 – that’s 172 new cases reported in the past 24 
Total deaths – 150 – that’s eight deaths reported in the past 24 hours
Hospitalized – 755  – That is three more hospitalizations reported in the last 24 hours

23 minutes ago, Allen said:

4 more cases today in my county.

109 more cases today in the county next door. 

It's like watching a balloon inflating and its filling the room?  Curious, has your governor even commented on this?  Do you guys have a contingency plan? A snowball's chance in hell that he'll shut things down?

38 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's like watching a balloon inflating and its filling the room?  Curious, has your governor even commented on this?  Do you guys have a contingency plan? A snowball's chance in hell that he'll shut things down?

No, he just opened us up even more. Theaters have been open, hair salons too. Now we are going to allow spectator sports, live venues, and conventions will be open July 1. Masks are optional state wide. 
I can’t see him closing down things again no matter how bad the infection rate becomes. 
You roll the dice and get what’s coming to you. 

12 minutes ago, Allen said:

No, he just opened us up even more. Theaters have been open, hair salons too. Now we are going to allow spectator sports, live venues, and conventions will be open July 1. Masks are optional state wide. 
I can’t see him closing down things again no matter how bad the infection rate becomes. 
You roll the dice and get what’s coming to you. 

At some point your health care system is going to become inundated. 

Hmmm....This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads. 

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Home Depot. It can wreak havoc in churches; praying people are exceptionally vulnerable! 

Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes when people stand close together holding signs, destroying businesses, homes, property, monuments, etc. Yet, standing to watch a marathon or a concert triggers its wrath. 

It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at Kohl's but not at Target. It is non-alcoholic. It can't spread when you are buying beer. It lives for two days on Amazon boxes, you must wait 48 hours to touch them but it can't survive on Starbucks coffee cups, so enjoying a hot cup of joe is safe. 

It is the most curious thing, how it lives on basketballs, baseball bats and ballet bars, but dies on WWE ropes and Walmart shopping carts. 

It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank tellers, cashiers, and fast food workers. 

It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 10 people but it knows when the 11th person shows up so be careful if that’s you. 

It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it but If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away. 

It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations. 

Whoever heard of such a smart sneaky virus?!? 🤓

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Hmmm....This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads. 

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Home Depot. It can wreak havoc in churches; praying people are exceptionally vulnerable! 

Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes when people stand close together holding signs, destroying businesses, homes, property, monuments, etc. Yet, standing to watch a marathon or a concert triggers its wrath. 

It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at Kohl's but not at Target. It is non-alcoholic. It can't spread when you are buying beer. It lives for two days on Amazon boxes, you must wait 48 hours to touch them but it can't survive on Starbucks coffee cups, so enjoying a hot cup of joe is safe. 

It is the most curious thing, how it lives on basketballs, baseball bats and ballet bars, but dies on WWE ropes and Walmart shopping carts. 

It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank tellers, cashiers, and fast food workers. 

It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 10 people but it knows when the 11th person shows up so be careful if that’s you. 

It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it but If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away. 

It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations. 

Lemme guess, some trumpian nutcase on bookface posted it and you couldn't resist?  All this kind of stuff is just dumb.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Lemme guess, some trumpian nutcase on bookface posted it and you couldn't resist?  All this kind of stuff is just dumb.

Agreed. That was the most pathetic post I've ever read from him. More right wing conspiracies. The nutbags out in the street are going to take this to a new level. A lot of those folks are going to get it. But he'll have some excuse about his civil liberties. Please @Kzoo go out to as many restaurants with your church friends. It's totally safe.

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Agreed. That was the most pathetic post I've ever read from him. More right wing conspiracies. The nutbags out in the street are going to take this to a new level.

Yeah, I edited myself a good bit on that one.  You can do much better than this, Kzoo.