COVID-19 Updates

Dottleshead

That bar thing is unbelievable.  People really need to alter behavior.  This is not a joke.  

So today, I heard wind of a woman that is married to someone that was supposed to be on quarantine, due to someone he had contact with and tested to be sick with this virus.  She can into a clinic to work.  Once they heard, they sent her home and disinfected, but did not call the health dept.  I was super pissed. I told them to call and report this.  They said "I don't want to get anyone in trouble."  I was like "Is the health of our community worth not getting someone in trouble?"  Then I threatened them that if they did not call, I would.  They finally did.  I used the same restroom as this person that is possibly infected.  FUCK!

I am over being nice at this point.  I sent a very pointed letter to our executive staff and reiterated that they should send more people home. FUCK!

My fake smile was a grimace today.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That bar thing is unbelievable.  People really need to alter behavior.  This is not a joke.  

So today, I heard wind of a woman that is married to someone that was supposed to be on quarantine, due to someone he had contact with and tested to be sick with this virus.  She can into a clinic to work.  Once they heard, they sent her home and disinfected, but did not call the health dept.  I was super pissed. I told them to call and report this.  They said "I don't want to get anyone in trouble."  I was like "Is the health of our community worth not getting someone in trouble?"  Then I threatened them that if they did not call, I would.  They finally did.  I used the same restroom as this person that is possibly infected.  FUCK!

I am over being nice at this point.  I sent a very pointed letter to our executive staff and reiterated that they should send more people home. FUCK!

My fake smile was a grimace today.

You sound upset...

Just now, Couch_Incident said:

These people are mentally retarded. Unfortunately, they are not just hurting themselves. 

and everyone they know, their family, and people they don't know.  

This guy is piece of shit too.  I have had about enough of people being stupid.

https://uproxx.com/indie/kid-rock-nashville-bar-coronavirus/

I need a drink.  I have not imbibed since Dec.  The stress was just too much today.  Over the top. I swear my shoulders were up and I looked tense, no doubt in my mind.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

and everyone they know, their family, and people they don't know.  

This guy is piece of shit too.  I have had about enough of people being stupid.

https://uproxx.com/indie/kid-rock-nashville-bar-coronavirus/

I need a drink.  I have not imbibed since Dec.  The stress was just too much today.  Over the top. I swear my shoulders were up and I looked tense, no doubt in my mind.

Is your job worth dying over? Given your medical concerns and the industry you are in, it may be in your best interests to self quarantine.

Oh, and someone came in with their kid that is a total brat.  She is terrible.  Age, about 7, I would estimate.  

She starts to come in behind my desk.  She likes me.  I tolerate her, usually.  We have orders to stay 6 feet apart.  Luckily, I saw her coming.  I said "STOP!"  You are not allowed back here.  Her parents are dumbfucks.  OH little Suzie, now now, stop it.  She did stop, because I almost yelled at her.  Then she starts to touch all over the front of my desk, and I just look at her parects.  They try to get her to leave.  She screams and fights with them.  Total scene.  I wanted to give her a spanking, but the whole social distancing thing.

I am losing it. 

FUCK!

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Is your job worth dying over? Given your medical concerns and the industry you are in, it may be in your best interests to self quarantine.

No.  I am talking to hubby tonight and sending an email tomorrow.  

Likely, I will be unpaid.  The have these crazy rules, like if they don't call it, you are on your own.

Fuckers.

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

No.  I am talking to hubby tonight and sending an email tomorrow.  

Likely, I will be unpaid.  The have these crazy rules, like if they don't call it, you are on your own.

Fuckers.

You really do need the space, a buffer zone around your desk.  It isn't worth being there, there are too many clueless people hovering about you.

9 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

I was told I was overreacting.

I don’t know why it was announced on Saturday that closures were going to happen on Tuesday. Make a decision and close it down.

And I don’t know why some people moved from 72% concerned about Covid-19 in February to only 40% now, with 60% feeling like it was a hoax or over-blown concern. 

In more good news. Not.

"More than 1,000 people have tested positive for the virus in Washington state, and 55 people have died as of Tuesday afternoon.

Meanwhile, hospital systems report that testing of their own employees indicates the virus has infected more than two dozen workers, a sign of further stress on the medical system, and a concern that could constrain its ability to deliver service and respond to the crisis.

Eighteen UW Medicine employees have been infected, testing shows, according to a spokeswoman for the hospital system. Eight EvergreenHealth employees have tested positive for the virus, according to the hospital system."

It pisses me off when the folks trying to help the sick are themselves getting sick.

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

It pisses me off when the folks trying to help the sick are themselves getting sick.

Wait, what?  Isn't this expected?

By the way, I don't think you are the epicenter anymore.  New York state has more than WA, and the city is lousy with it now, I am sure.

"The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel."

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces

Suggests you clean thoroughly and often.

20 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The lockdowns should help.  All we have to do is get those who don't believe on board.

I went to my home depot last night.  I bought a new Toro lawn mower.  But we kept our distance.  I paid by credit card.  Nothing ever exchanged hands between two people. i did, however, put $300 back into the economy.  Plus we did go by a Popeye's for dinner and I had a bunch of fried shit.  So unless the kid running the fryer coughed into my food (possibly knowing kids these days), it was a pretty great night out.  It was only the 3rd time in 3 weeks I've ventured out.  Of course i was out earlier in the day with my wife and sister-in-law to the doctors office.  It's never been so bare in all my life.  They're not allowing anyone to sit in the lobby anymore. Sanitizers everywhere.  Is it possible a transmission occurred?  Possible.  Probable?  No.

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I went to my home depot last night.  I bought a new Toro lawn mower.  But we kept our distance.  I paid by credit card.  Nothing ever exchanged hands between two people. i did, however, put $300 back into the economy.  Plus we did go by a Popeye's for dinner and I had a bunch of fried shit.  So unless the kid running the fryer coughed into my food (possibly knowing kids these days), it was a pretty great night out.  It was only the 3rd time in 3 weeks I've ventured out.  Of course i was out earlier in the day with my wife and sister-in-law to the doctors office.  It's never been so bare in all my life.  They're not allowing anyone to sit in the lobby anymore. Sanitizers everywhere.  Is it possible a transmission occurred?  Possible.  Probable?  No.

We just have to get the people who don't believe on board.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Hmm, Dottie has been all emotional recently.  Dottie, are you in the middle of stress of any sort for some reason?

Not anymore so than usual.  I have a big ass bonus that's coming to me in about 8 days that's 100% accounted for.  And it''s not like I can go out and spend it places. Well maybe Home Depot but how many lawn mowers does a man need??

21 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

We just have to get the people who don't believe on board.  :lol:

Hey now.  My wife needed to go to the doctor's office and she needed me to go with her (colonoscopy) to release her into my custody afterwards.  But I felt for the poor bastard roaming the HD aisles, doing his job for poor bastards like me who waited until spring time to replace his mower should not be the only one to take a risk.  Actually, I never came in contact with him.  It was the fryer I don't know about.  The kid frying my shrimp.  Did that bastard cough on my shrimp?  I'm going to need an RG ruling.  Whatcha got @Randomguy? How big of chance did I take on that  millenial coughing on my fried shrimp?  I mean, you should know i was in my car. But that young commie bastard prepared my food.

6 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

People who run wet markets are essentially terrorists at this point.   

It's a shame.  I loved the wet markets in Malaysia.  I suspect though that most Americans would have had heart attacks if forced to eat in one however.  That was just a half decade ago.  Those market are closed now as the government there decided that they needed higher standards to attract tourists.  

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The lockdowns should help.  All we have to do is get those who don't believe on board.

Agreed. My older brothers seem to think it’s all hype. One of them said the virus is a myth. He told me to “look it up.” 

So, I’m wondering whether the warmer weather will have the intended effect of diminishing the virus from spreading. There are 20 cases in the Phoenix area, and temperatures have been in the high 70’s there. The prediction is that as the weather warms, cases of the flu tend to lessen. That’s why we’re off school for three weeks. Hoping the warmer Spring weather will work its magic on the virus. But if it’s in Phoenix, then it’s not going away with warmer temperatures.

For us, one part timer is in 14 day self isolation as he just got back from two weeks travelling up and down the US Pacific coast, one is just not coming in.

One of my main guys has some admin stuff so he is working from home this week, another is in the workshop doong annual service on some gear and I am in my office.

Social distancing is easy when there is two of us in a non-public access, 11,000 sq ft space.  I cannot imagine working in the chaos of DH's work space.  I think I would get a spray bottle and keep it on my desk and face spray anyone who got too close

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Agreed. My older brothers seem to think it’s all hype. One of them said the virus is a myth. He told me to “look it up.” 

So, I’m wondering whether the warmer weather will have the intended effect of diminishing the virus from spreading. There are 20 cases in the Phoenix area, and temperatures have been in the high 70’s there. The prediction is that as the weather warms, cases of the flu tend to lessen. That’s why we’re off school for three weeks. Hoping the warmer Spring weather will work its magic on the virus. But if it’s in Phoenix, then it’s not going away with warmer temperatures.

I suspect it will help marginally.  Sun's rays are a disinfectant of sorts outdoors, but people are gonna be indoors in hot temps.   Plus, it seems to hit the hotter areas anyway, so going on the premise of it not being the flu and not being a respecter of hunches, the virus is gonna do what it is gonna do.

12 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

For us, one part timer is in 14 day self isolation as he just got back from two weeks travelling up and down the US Pacific coast, one is just not coming in.

One of my main guys has some admin stuff so he is working from home this week, another is in the workshop doong annual service on some gear and I am in my office.

Social distancing is easy when there is two of us in a non-public access, 11,000 sq ft space.  I cannot imagine working in the chaos of DH's work space.  I think I would get a spray bottle and keep it on my desk and face spray anyone who got too close

Thank you.  I just posted a thread about my actions this morning.  It was terrifying.  My work doesn't like noisy people.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

No testing in CAnada? Or just for critical cases?

They are not showing any symptoms, but the request from the Gov't is anyone returning from international travel(including the US) is to self quarantine for 14 days upon returning, regardless of symptoms or not as a precaution.  They are not testing people who just returned from somewhere but are not showing indications of infection

They spent two weeks driving between here and San Diego, they spent some time in your west coast hot zones.  

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

I suspect that a good part of the warmer weather meme is that people spend more time outdoors and separated from others by more space than in the winter.  I also suspect that many of the current cases in warm places came from somewhere else.  The answer will be known by the rate of spread in your area in the coming weeks.  If warmer areas don't have a lower spread then warmer weather isn't going to slow this down then we will all die anyway.

Damn.  I should have put this in the something to make us smile thread.

Just saw an article where hospitals are planning for a peak in 45 days.  That's 45 days, just to the PEAK.  More time to subside.  I don't know if that factors in the way too many people who just aren't taking this seriously.  We really need enforceable quarantines NOW in populated areas.  Seriously, take out food is a nice convenience but still puts a lot o people at risk.

New York alone had 1000 new cases, just last night.  Most areas are doubling cases overnight.   1000, 2000, 4000, 8000........ doesn't take long, folks

Just now, 12string said:

Just saw an article where hospitals are planning for a peak in 45 days.  That's 45 days, just to the PEAK.  More time to subside.  I don't know if that factors in the way too many people who just aren't taking this seriously.  We really need enforceable quarantines NOW in populated areas.  Seriously, take out food is a nice convenience but still puts a lot o people at risk.

New York alone had 1000 new cases, just last night.  Most areas are doubling cases overnight.   1000, 2000, 4000, 8000........ doesn't take long, folks

1600 less than a week ago, and now it's at 7000+ and counting.  

Some places of business still having in face meetings?  JFC!

My torch is still lit. 

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

1600 less than a week ago, and now it's at 7000+ and counting.  

Some places of business still having in face meetings?  JFC!

My torch is still lit. 

We limited travel, stopped face to face meetings and stopped travel between buildings in our corporate campus last week.  We just shut down 2 buildings and are in the process of closing more.  About 90% of our workforce is work from home now.  

I’m in the Corp HQ and there is maybe 15 people here.  Mostly Facilities & Security

Surprising 

21 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My torch is still lit.

I'm starting to get really test about people saying "well, you have to do what you're comfortable with".  That's BS!  There's no comfort zone, these are people's lives we're messing with.  I'm healthy, I'll survive.  But I just might help that poor asthmatic delivery kid die.  You know, so I can be comfortable and not have to cook dinner