(new) math takes time

bikeman564™

Just now, 2Far said:

I don't remember how I learned to multiply, but it mighta been something like that. I can see what they are trying to teach, using that matrix style keeps things well organized.

I remember division (gozintas) being harder to learn.

I remember learning from the method of the dude making coffee.

5 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I remember learning from the method of the dude making coffee.

Yep.  Not necessarily the better way, but for folks who could "do math", it is certainly easier. Well, I do much of it in my head, I guess, but then I would jump to the "old way".  Or, most likely just use Excel or a calculator app.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep.  Not necessarily the better way, but for folks who could "do math", it is certainly easier. Well, I do much of it in my head, I guess, but then I would jump to the "old way".  Or, most likely just use Excel or a calculator app.

I love using Excel. I've created several Excel forms for work that have equations in them, so it makes my life easier :) I made one w/ several tabs that I use for safety valve design which is a huge time saver. This way I can change a variable w/o having to redo math over & over. And it reduces error, because I only have to enter each variable in one spot, and where ever its used w/in the workbook, those cells equal the input one.  Pure genius ;)

My Mr. Coffee 4-cup maker takes about 7 minutes to complete the process of running all the water through the filter after being turned on. When the water level in the maker is low enough that it begins to gurgle, I know I have 2 minutes left before all the water has drained through the filter.

I use those time two time periods to ensure I won't finish making breakfast before the coffee is ready, where the breakfast would be getting cold or soggy while I wait for the coffee.