I hate stupid people episode (hell I don't know, I lost count)

Indy

Seems dumbasses are continuing to push forward, expecting an official letter to day on the complaint.  Though I've already composed my response which may need adjusted after receiving the letter.  Wife's coworker (lawyer) said it sounds like I've got this covered if I want to go alone

137852156_Annotation(1).thumb.png.c1b805656547a6c9c4965729463d48e9.png.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Seems dumbasses are continuing to push forward, expecting an official letter to day on the complaint.  Though I've already composed my response which may need adjusted after receiving the letter.  Wife's coworker (lawyer) said it sounds like I've got this covered if I want to go alone

137852156_Annotation(1).thumb.png.c1b805656547a6c9c4965729463d48e9.png.

reread that or run it through a grammar checker.

last bullet point in facts area the word buy is used incorrectly

last bullet point in other observations the plaintiffs are AN example.

That was what I found on a very quick review.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

reread that or run it through a grammar checker.

last bullet point in facts area the word buy is used incorrectly

last bullet point in other observations the plaintiffs are AN example.

That was what I found on a very quick review.

Thanks, pretty sure I will be told to remove the "Other observations" section though.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Also in the legal conclusion area, check punctuation on the first two sentences.  They are to be clauses which should be joined by a semi colon or a conjunction.

I will leave that as an, I am an Engineer, close a fucking-nough.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I will leave that as an, I am an Engineer, close a fucking-nough.

Please don't.  Fix it.  remove the period after the first sentence, change it to a comma or semi colon.  Remove the double space and then change the upper case W in We to lower case w.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Please don't.  Fix it.  remove the period after the first sentence, change it to a comma or semi colon.  Remove the double space and then change the upper case W in We to lower case w.

Since you spelled it out for me, I did, otherwise I had no clue what you were talking about.  Thanks.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

The last part makes you sound irrational and with a lack of restraint.  Remove it.

It will be, that part is for a joke.  Our "lawyer" is a friend so it was put in to give him a laugh.  Yes I will remove it before any official correspondence.  But believe me, I would love to tell the numbnuts what I really think.

On a side note, do you have any idea how hard that was to write without lots of swear words in it?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It will be, that part is for a joke.  Our "lawyer" is a friend so it was put in to give him a laugh.  Yes I will remove it before any official correspondence.  But believe me, I would love to tell the numbnuts what I really think.

On a side note, do you have any idea how hard that was to write without lots of swear words in it?

Like saying fuck a lot?

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Like saying fuck a lot?

Yes.  I am still in shock that after a quick phone call with lawyer he went ahead and sent an official letter.  Now one thing I would like to do, is to waste as much time of his as I can since they usually charge by the hour.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes.  I am still in shock that after a quick phone call with lawyer he went ahead and sent an official letter.  Now one thing I would like to do, is to waste as much time of his as I can since they usually charge by the hour.

Would it be possible to request on document a day from them to back up their claim? Lawyers like to charge in nice one hour bits, so a few minutes can equal one hour $$$.  A dozen docs over a couple weeks and they paid for the lawyer way more than it would cost them to fix the problem. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.

So far, phone call.

Demanded they send an official letter stating what the complaints are.

I was thinking next, a timeline of when they discovered what.  That's before sending my response which puts everything in a time perspective.  I am sure I will think of more.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

Just go with the Valparaiso is for Dummies angle. Nothing more needed.

Hey now.  Yes, I did wise up and transfer to graduate somewhere else, but still spent three years there.

Well, got my "official" letter.  It is just letter version of the email sent threatening a lawsuit, not stating what for and that we must contact them immediately (we've already contacted them).

WTF??????????????

It all really reads like a scam fishing email/letter except he has everyone's email addresses (people buying bought the house, wife's, he has mine wrong) and names.  Yeah, will scan the letter send it to our friend but I am not responding to shit.  Dude is a first rate idiot.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

It all really reads like a scam fishing email/letter except he has everyone's email addresses (people buying bought the house, wife's, he has mine wrong) and names.  Yeah, will scan the letter send it to our friend but I am not responding to shit.  Dude is a first rate idiot.

In his defense, it sure seems like you are doing a lot more work on this thing than he is.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

In his defense, it sure seems like you are doing a lot more work on this thing than he is.

Yeah, he's just hoping we agree to pay to make it go away.  He doesn't understand my ability to ignore people.  I filed his letter in the vertical file where it belongs.

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like my circular filing cabinet for that stuff!

I don't have a circular, mine is rectangular and you drop everything in vertically.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I crumple and shoot for a three! And then for a two. And then settle for a lay up.

Dang, you must have the worst vertical in history if you can't dunk that shit and still have to settle for a lay up.

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

Excellent set of facts.  You might let it be known to your opponent's lawyer that you're sniffing around to see how much you are allowed to sue for frivolous lawsuits.

Yeah, wife wants to countersue for something, but I was having trouble finding anything concrete to go for.  If this goes to trial, will probably have to switch from our friend to a lawyer that is actually actively practicing, so maybe they will have some ideas.

5 hours ago, Indy said:

Well, got my "official" letter.  It is just letter version of the email sent threatening a lawsuit, not stating what for and that we must contact them immediately (we've already contacted them).

WTF??????????????

Yeah... don't respond. 

If you ever do get the lawsuit, then only respond thru your lawyer, and only answer to the questions raised in the complaint.  Your explanation above may be accurate, but don't answer questions that were not asked.